Can someone with D* check a channel for me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Since I dont have D and I need to figure something out

The University of North Dakota cut a deal with Fox College Sports to show their FB & Hockey games. I know D has a FCS channel (617) but here is where it gets confusing

Is that channel the same no matter where you live? I know there are 3 FCS channels on cable (Atlantic, Central, Pacific). I know 617 will only show live games

Basically here is what I need. I tried this at my moms on Tuesday but the guide didnt go that far

Saturday at 4:00 Central what game is showing on 617? Is it North Dakota/South Dakota or K-State/Iowa State?
Sunday at 6:00 Central does 617 show the NoDak/Manitoba hockey game?

Thanks guys!

It shows the Iowa St./Kansas St. I don't see the hockey game listed. 617 isn't on 24/7, it's usually a college football game or two per week and that's all they show. I don't think i've ever seen hockey on it

its new for this year
NoDak just signed the contract a couple days ago

Thanks for checking!

can someone check 623 for same time?
rumour is they are going to use that channel for the game now

623 is a Big Ten Network "overflow" channel. Nothing on the guide. It could change for that game though

okey dokey

Just trying to help out some Sioux fans with D*

cable folks know where its gonna be
Free to air folks know where it will be
D* folks wondering immensely where it will be

I understand that but Direct doesnt carry FCS...just the one alt channel (617) for games

dunno if this helps but being in SD... i get the Iowa State VS Kanas State, which if a SD or ND game is on, would prob broadcast on locals but i get a LSU vs Georgia on CBS locals, and Penn State vs Illinois on ABC locals

okey dokey

Just trying to help out some Sioux fans with D*

cable folks know where its gonna be
Free to air folks know where it will be
D* folks wondering immensely where it will be

i can check when sat comes along and see if it changes for you.

Just out of curiosity I checked it out on Charter cable,& I see it(North Dakota/South Dakota) is on FCS Atlantic,but I know that wasn't the question. I do find it funny that FCS isn't on D*,why is that?

Just out of curiosity I checked it out on Charter cable,& I see it(North Dakota/South Dakota) is on FCS Atlantic,but I know that wasn't the question. I do find it funny that FCS isn't on D*,why is that?

FCS was created as a cable offering to the multi-sports pack that D & E carry. So instead of carrying 30 RSN's cable carries 3 GCS channels + your local RSN

Last year some games starting being FCS Exclusive. D is picking up those games on 617. The K-State/Iowa St game is FCS Exclusive and gonna be on 617

dunno if this helps but being in SD... i get the Iowa State VS Kanas State, which if a SD or ND game is on, would prob broadcast on locals but i get a LSU vs Georgia on CBS locals, and Penn State vs Illinois on ABC locals

it wont be on locals. The North Dakota cable station is the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN) and is on cable only and free to air (until this news was released on the FCS thing)....FSSN is co-produced with Midcontinent Cable, WDAZ in Grand Forks and Ralph Englestad Arena. For years they have been on midco 23 and some games on WDAZ. The FCS thing expands the eyeballs that can see it

it wont be on locals. The North Dakota cable station is the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN) and is on cable only and free to air (until this news was released on the FCS thing)....FSSN is co-produced with Midcontinent Cable, WDAZ in Grand Forks and Ralph Englestad Arena. For years they have been on midco 23 and some games on WDAZ. The FCS thing expands the eyeballs that can see it

then why wouldnt it broadcast it on locals since its this area region for that sports like how Vikings will be on locals rather than the Broncos?

ive had customers dont want locals so they can continue the Bronco broadcast and not get Vikings games.

then why wouldnt it broadcast it on locals since its this area region for that sports like how Vikings will be on locals rather than the Broncos?
college games usually arent on local TV. For the last 5 years the ND football games have been cable only. South Dakota does some games on Midco 23 also

With NoDak Sioux games, WDAZ supplies the production people but Midco does the sat feed and puts it on cable. They can get a bigger audience on cable and FTA sat than OTA (pretty much all ND, Sd and Northwestern MN on cable)

tha blows... i know theres been a ONE game where only D* had a game only on the NFL network where my friend has cable begging me to watch the game (since hes a Vikes fan) and they werent broadcasting on Cable.

so theres always something that D* owners cant get and something that D* has that cable wont have. (sports wise)

tha blows... i know theres been a ONE game where only D* had a game only on the NFL network where my friend has cable begging me to watch the game (since hes a Vikes fan) and they werent broadcasting on Cable.
here in Mpls we dont have that issue. All ESPN/NFL Net games involving the Vikes (like Monday's game) is on local TV. Thats a NFL rule

so theres always something that D* owners cant get and something that D* has that cable wont have. (sports wise)

yep pretty much

here in Mpls we dont have that issue. All ESPN/NFL Net games involving the Vikes (like Monday's game) is on local TV. Thats a NFL rule

yep pretty much

yah being a neighbor state, my bro cant get the vikes game on the locals. he'd have to tune to 206 ESPN to watch monday night games.

but Im a giants fan and most times but NOT always do i get that game to broadcast on the locals. however, i have ST so i can watch it regardless.

as far as south dakota college games, i dont mind watching it, but being a SD residence, im surprise they dont broadcast the college game like how the vikes are mandate in your local listing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts