upgrade to locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonystewart20

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I am an inhouse tech for dishnetwork. I am a directv cust. Local have become available in the beckly bluefield dma. Cust service stated i need a slim line dish. I am not familiar with dtvs equip can someone give me a link to some info on that type of dish. I know that it is mpeg 4 and i will have to upgrade my equipment. I really dont want to schedule an installer because of my schedule and would like to mount and peak the dish myself and have dtv ship the upgraded recievers to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should know more about dtv equip but all I do is take it down. Never put it up.

Also i need to know what orbitals i will be hitting with this dish.

I am an inhouse tech for dishnetwork. I am a directv cust. Local have become available in the beckly bluefield dma. Cust service stated i need a slim line dish. I am not familiar with dtvs equip can someone give me a link to some info on that type of dish. I know that it is mpeg 4 and i will have to upgrade my equipment. I really dont want to schedule an installer because of my schedule and would like to mount and peak the dish myself and have dtv ship the upgraded recievers to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should know more about dtv equip but all I do is take it down. Never put it up.

Also i need to know what orbitals i will be hitting with this dish.

You will have no problem with the installation. The directv tech website and Solid Signal have plenty of info...The issue will be getting the eq. Your local HSP deals out the new stuff in most cases. They won't drop ship the HD stuff. You probably have more experience than the tech they send but I think that is where things will end up.

Buy beer. Get a book. It may well work well the firat time. Ask for an earliest AM (first stop) and jump in the pool.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.