Can the C31 view recorded programs from the HR24 (or only from HR34)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JD Hogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
SoCal
I finally set up my new home system today (HR34 + HR24 + C31) but I noticed that the C31 is unable to view the recordings on the HR24 receiver.....however the HR34 receiver displays the recorded shows.

Is there a way for the recorded programs on the HR24 to display in the "recordings list" viewable on the C31 client (or is this impossible as of right now)?

On the hr24? Is "sharing" turned on under the "whole home" settings? It maybe turned off? Other than that, i don't know!!

Its a known bug in the software.. New software should be coming soon to fix it (If I remember right, it's actually the HR34 that needs the update).

Some claim they already can...my guess is they are early beta testers which have advanced software/firmware than the generally public. I currently have HR34, HR24, and 2 C31s and I can ONLY see the content saved in my HR34 from the C31. Although, I can share content across the HR24 and the HR34. My HR34 had not been updated since Oct. 12. I am hoping the next update will add this capability.

Hopefully they will add an integrated scheduler across all DVRs at the same time :)

Well... Its quite possible that some can... Without going into detail, (cuz I dont wanna lose my job if they find out who I am), I would direct your attention to the CE section of this forum... It's how I got Pandora weeks before a lot of other people.. (hint hint).
Actually, the CE is not a bad thing and I have no worries, I would just ask that you please read the rules regarding CE software and abide by them. I'm actually in Case Management and we have had customers call in with issues while on the CE software (Which is a no-no). Please if you try the CE software and have problems, revert back to the national software and see if the problem is still there before calling in. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)