Can the Super Bowl be archived to an EHD?

bearfan4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Is there a known issue with not being able to archive the Super Bowl to an external hard drive? I tried tonight to transfer my recording of the Super Bowl and it is not available to select like all of my other recordings.

Is there a known issue with not being able to archive the Super Bowl to an external hard drive? I tried tonight to transfer my recording of the Super Bowl and it is not available to select like all of my other recordings.

There is not a know issue for that specific issue. Can you please send me a PM with your account number and 4 digit Pin # and receiver R00 and Software and Bootstrap version and the model of Hard drive and size you are using.

There is a known issue if you have the default PTAT retention of 8 days.

PTAT events cannot be transferred until after the retention period.

Make sure you have "Saved" the Superbowl so that it shows in your standard (non-PTAT) DVR list, then it should be transferable this Tuesday (day 9).

A not very user friendly design, that does not work intuitively, and has to be repeatedly explained on the forums.
Who wants to bet that if you call Dish tech support about this type of issue, it wouldn't be explained about either a) reducing the # of PTAT days or b) you have to save it first (out of PTAT) ? I can already imagine some people getting their receivers replaced since something is "wrong" !

There is a known issue if you have the default PTAT retention of 8 days.

PTAT events cannot be transferred until after the retention period.

Make sure you have "Saved" the Superbowl so that it shows in your standard (non-PTAT) DVR list, then it should be transferable this Tuesday (day 9).

Well this sucks for me since I am upgrading tomorrow to a Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)