Can this be done???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibleedblue

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Garner, NC
First off, I'm an E* guy. My dad has D* and I'm thinking of upgrading him for Christmas. He has an HDTV, but just the basic 3 year old D* receiver with OTA HD locals. Is it possible for me to call D* and get the upgrade for him and pay for it over the phone? He has the 18" single LNB dish, so what all is involved in the upgrade? I'm assuming he'll need a dish upgrade as well? Any idea on prices? It'll just be one room of HD. Thanks for any help!

Just give D* a call. With a little cajoling you may be able to wrangle a HR20 DVR for a $20 shipping fee. They will upgrade him to the 5 LNB dish and the correct multiswitch. At the very least he should be able to get a new HD receiver for free, but hold out for the DVR if you can. They will come out and install this without charge. For more tips on negotiating for the DVR check the FREE DVR THREAD a couple of threads down. As for me, I just asked for a free one, and I got it for the $20 shipping fee.

Keep in mind that the upgrade will also extend the programming agreement another 2 years.

First off, I'm an E* guy. My dad has D* and I'm thinking of upgrading him for Christmas. He has an HDTV, but just the basic 3 year old D* receiver with OTA HD locals. Is it possible for me to call D* and get the upgrade for him and pay for it over the phone? He has the 18" single LNB dish, so what all is involved in the upgrade? I'm assuming he'll need a dish upgrade as well? Any idea on prices? It'll just be one room of HD. Thanks for any help!

I upgraded for my father for fathers day. Got a standard DVR for SH. Just make sure he is ok with the 2 year commitment. When you call, just provide his phone number and say his name if they ask. All upgrades need to be paid for at the time of order, so you will need to pay for it on the phone (and the name on the cc does not need to match the account holder).

I would go to weaknees.com and go through them, and get an upgraded dvr with more time 50 hrs of programing (MPEG-4) is not enough and the rest will be free except for running the 2nd coax to the dvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts