Can this LNB pick up 118.7/119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

noni 007

Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
I was told by my friend to buy this lnb but before I order, I need your expertise about this LNB BSS 12.2 12.7Ghz 950-1450Mhz TCE stock #232594 214-5100-700 Can this LNB pick 118.7/119 in British Columbia, Canada Thank you

It probably will not since that LNB only picks up 12.2 - 12.7 GHz, the 118.7 satellite transmits between 11.7 - 12.2 GHz.

What are you trying to receive on the 118.7 Satellite?

We are repeatedly asked by "True" FTA hobbyist why Satellite AV does not carry a LNBF for circular 11.7 - 12.75 and when I ask them what FTA channels they will be watching .... the line gets very quiet .......

Maybe someday there will be FTA channels that are circular polarity in the FSS band, but at this time there really is no need for a FTAer to use this type of LNB unless one LNBF is going to be shared by a subbed Dish Network receiver and a FTA receiver.

I could be way off base here, but a FTA dealer who is carrying this type of LNBF is targeting business towards the hacking crowd.

I could be way off base here, but a FTA dealer who is carrying this type of LNBF is targeting business towards the hacking crowd.

Yes, unless they are outside the United States.
Circular in that band is not a domestic allocation.
The one DISH Network uses, from what I've read at the FCC, is a Canadian allocation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts