Can We Get SkyAngel

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Can we subscribe the 15 or so channels of Sky Angel and get it thru our Dish Network system.

What is the price?

Thanks.

You need an additional dish pointed at 61.5, with the necessary switch to connect to your existing dish, depends on what you have already. Then it's I think $11.99 a month to subscribe.

My Present setup

I currently have a super dish with a 721 receiver and 2 301's. I am not sure which switch I have but I want to say a 34.

Would it take another dish? I heard that you could subscribe thru Dish network, but I am not sure if this is correct.

Thanks.

I moved this to the Sky Angel forum

BillH
You would need some extra equipment for it. a 2nd dish at 61.5 and a DP44 switch. The pricing and programming is through SkyAngel, not Dish Network, so unfortunatelly, you would have to purchase the dish, DishPro LNB, and Switch

To add the SA programming you want to call 1-800-SKY-ANGEL. This is a separate company that provides their programming on the same system as Dish Network. It is completely seamless on the receivers, and the billing is handled though Dish, but the programming is activated via Sky Angel, not Dish.

However, as others mentioned here, you have to have a Dish aimed at 61.5. If you have a Superdish, you will need a DP44 and a Dish 300 to integrate the whole system.

See ya
Tony

From what I know about how DISH and Sky work, all you have to do is call DISH and order a second dish, it comes with the switch and installation all for $99. I don't know about it being $99 for use with the Superdish, but it's worth a try to call and ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts