Can we keep track of new ATSC 3.0 stations going on the air?

Speaking of LaLa Land, I'm still puzzled how KUHD out of Camarillo can be moving to channel 44.

The station had an STA for 30 and has a (very old) pending license to cover for 44. Even after the pending license went on file, I'd still received a report that it was on 30, several years ago.

I suspect the station hasn't operated in a very long time. I don't have any better information to update it with at this time.

- Trip

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Any thing new lately?:). It's been awhile since posted any new ATSC 3.0 station. Trying to keep my thread alive here!:)

Have yet to see Any local stations in Albuquerque's TV market filed to the FCC.:rolleyes:

Reactions: c-spand
Outside of Phoenix and the markets that simply must be first (or those that question whether ATSC 3.0 is the answer to everyone's coverage problems), what would be the point? If we can't get our hands on an affordable tuner, I see no reason to make any bold moves.

Let Sinclair spend the money to figure out what works and what doesn't.

According to the AntennaWeb website, the new ATSC 3.0 stations will use the new "-NG" suffix on their callsigns (for example, in Detroit, Michigan, the local ABC affiliate, WXYZ-TV 7's ATSC 3.0 feed will air on WXYZ-NG 7). "NG" is an abbreviation for "NextGen TV," the moniker used for the new television standard.

Every station in my market, Green Bay, Wisconsin (except my local NBC affiliate and PBS member station), will air an ATSC 3.0 simulcast, which will be provided by WCWF 14, the lighthouse station for the Green Bay area.

I guess WGBA-TV 26 will conduct their own separate NextGen TV tests later, while the tests for my local PBS member station, WPNE-TV 38, will probably go live whenever WHA-TV 21, the Madison, Wisconsin-based PBS Wisconsin flagship member station goes live with their own NextGen TV tests...

Here's a timeline I made over at Google Sheets, which I've updated for NextGenTV in 2022:
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfhEmCILU5Ml6-f30VEFzOKep79sGcz9PIYgrnlbIhs/edit#gid=0

According to the AntennaWeb website, the new ATSC 3.0 stations will use the new "-NG" suffix on their callsigns (for example, in Detroit, Michigan, the local ABC affiliate, WXYZ-TV 7's ATSC 3.0 feed will air on WXYZ-NG 7). "NG" is an abbreviation for "NextGen TV," the moniker used for the new television standard.
That is how AntennaWeb is labeling stations. The FCC currently has no legal suffix change for NextGen TV broadcasters.

Reactions: harshness
You know, South Korea has been using ATSC 3.0 since 2017. I can't imagine WHY the USA can't seem to lock down a usable version for us, and GET IT DONE! They seem to be dragging their feet as much as they can. That's IMO of course, but it's just crazy as far as I can see.

I'm sure it's likely Trip will jump in here and give his opinion, perhaps he can mention what he feels is causing all the "feet dragging".

Some of us would gladly throw a few obstacles in their way.

In the real world, there doesn't seem to be any benefits to us as consumers.
-Few if any UHD broadcasts.
-It is really designed to extract money from us via pay TV and "services."
-It will cost us money to buy upgraded equipment, as ATSC 1 shuts down.

Some of us would gladly throw a few obstacles in their way.

In the real world, there doesn't seem to be any benefits to us as consumers.
-Few if any UHD broadcasts.
-It is really designed to extract money from us via pay TV and "services."
-It will cost us money to buy upgraded equipment, as ATSC 1 shuts down.
It uses COFDM modulation (like Europe has used for many years). That ALONE makes it worthwhile, BECAUSE it means it'll be nearly immune to multipath. Which ATSC 1.0 8VSB is severely affected by.

I do NOT believe it's planned to use it for nothing but "pay tv".

Reactions: dhett

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)