Can we pay to decrypt pay channels on KU and C Band in the USA?

saboken

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2021
Dunmor KY
I'm trying to collect as much information about the big C Band dish in my new yard I noticed some channels are encrypted in the guides I have read. Can I pay to decrypt some or all of them in the USA? If so do I need to buy a card like DirecTV uses or something similar. I don't want any information on illegal access just what my legal options are.

I forgot. There is a company that has a few channels. It costs over a 1000 for a old receiver. About 5 scrambled channels that are sold. It's not worth it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I'm trying to collect as much information about the big C Band dish in my new yard I noticed some channels are encrypted in the guides I have read. Can I pay to decrypt some or all of them in the USA? If so do I need to buy a card like DirecTV uses or something similar. I don't want any information on illegal access just what my legal options are.
Sadly no, as others have said, but still a lot of stuff up there In The Clear - especially if you have an actuator and a good view south. :)

Sadly no, as others have said, but still a lot of stuff up there In The Clear - especially if you have an actuator and a good view south. :)
I'll be a couple miles from this location with a perfect view of the southern horizon also east and west had a little tree cover, 37.0737° N, 86.9961° W

Reactions: FTA4PA
Back in 1995/1996 I used to pay for Cband TV. I remember, i had every channel i wanted in a package except history channel... I had to shell out an extra 60 cents a month (smile) for History and I got multi hbo/cinemax channels all for just shy of 20.00 bucks a month.... There is good and bad... That bad, you cannot buy any channels any more, but it seems to me, there are far more ITC/FTA channels on the ARC then there were in 1996. - Plus, I have no cable bill. When i was a kid, i grew up in Los Angeles, and we had plenty of channels over the AIR. I knew a friend of my parents that owned a Cband dish, and i fell in love with the concept immediately. Most of the pay/scrambled channels are junk today anyway. - I personally love all the diversified free news channels i can get/watch.

Reactions: FTA4PA
My parents had a C-band dish in the late 80's to mid 90's. IIRC our subscription was through Netlink. I remember getting locals from Denver.
I had a C band starting in '92. I got locals from Denver and Raleigh NC as well as a package with the usual channels. The best part, with any subscription the Sportschannels were all in fixed key mode! That meant free baseball from nearly every team. IIRC, the Phillies had a deal with a local company (Prism?) so they weren't on C band.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts