Can you DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
everything from your HD DVR's?:confused::confused::confused:

What I mean, is pay per views, HBO,etc.

I can from the VIP receivers I have with Dish.

I look forward to your replies.

What ????

If your trying to ask,

Can you record PPV's as well as HBO (premiums) ?
The answer is YES, of course you can.

What ????

If your trying to ask,

Can you record PPV's as well as HBO (premiums) ?
The answer is YES, of course you can.

Lets try this again. What I am saying is I can then transfer them to SD DVD's from the Dish HD Dvr's.

Do the Directv Hd Dvr's allow you to do that. I was told by an installer that it probably is not possible because of some sort of macro setting, etc.

I depends on whether the DVD recorder recognizes any copy protection that might be in the content. If you can do it with Dish and your current DVD recorder, then using a DirecTV DVR as the source should make no difference.

I have a HD DVR, HDMI cables to the TV and Component Cables to a DVD recorder. We had the HD PPV for "Time Traveler's Wife" recorded on the DVR. I set it up to record on a DVD and left to run some errands. When I went to replay it later, it started fine, but about a minute or two into the recording I got some message about copy protection and the remainder of the recording was 2 hrs of the DirecTV logo with the sound from the movie playing in the background.

I tape NASCAR hightligts, wrestling shows, and some funny clips on to DVDs to saye. I have a Samsung DVD/VCR recorder(does both). With Time Warner the DVD recorder blocked me from recording WWE PPV's in HD but let me record SD and allowed it either way using VHS. With DirecTV it blocks Showtime,HBO type channels in HD, blocks me from recording TNT, & SPEED Channel but lets me record PPVHD(wrestling PPVs). But I bought a device that makes my DVD player not notice the copyright protection thing so I use it when recording SPEED/TNT/ or a funny clips from Inside NASCAR on Showtime & Big Brother After Dark on Showtime.

Anyone have any idea why it would block SPEED Channel? lol

I tape NASCAR hightligts, wrestling shows, and some funny clips on to DVDs to saye. I have a Samsung DVD/VCR recorder(does both). With Time Warner the DVD recorder blocked me from recording WWE PPV's in HD but let me record SD and allowed it either way using VHS. With DirecTV it blocks Showtime,HBO type channels in HD, blocks me from recording TNT, & SPEED Channel but lets me record PPVHD(wrestling PPVs). But I bought a device that makes my DVD player not notice the copyright protection thing so I use it when recording SPEED/TNT/ or a funny clips from Inside NASCAR on Showtime & Big Brother After Dark on Showtime.

Anyone have any idea why it would block SPEED Channel? lol

Just a guess here, It looks like from the channels you've listed, it blocks a regular channel, but not one that you PAY EXTRA for, ala, PPV's.
The other channels you pay by the month on, so it looks like possibly ala carte channels are not blocked.

Just a guess here from what I see you posting.

Panasonic DMR e 50..............

......................is the model. Yes, it is older and probably not available to purchase any longer. It probably does not employ the newer governors that would block anything. If it goes south, I will look to get it repaired.

......................is the model. Yes, it is older and probably not available to purchase any longer. It probably does not employ the newer governors that would block anything. If it goes south, I will look to get it repaired.

You could do that or get a video filter and use any
DVD recorder.

Any where might I get one of those filters.

Google "grex video filter". It's the cheapest one available, $100 shipped. Takes about 2 weeks to come from Israel. You will be able to record anything. I use 4 filters from 3 different companies and they all work the same. Don't look for anything cheaper, those don't work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)