Can You Get A 4k Free Upgrade Early?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
My HR-44 is starting to crap out on me. Its freezing every now and then and I have to reset it to get it back to normal. I don't think I want the HS-17 anymore and wouldn't mind having the HR-54/C61lk. I also got a new Sony RVU 4k TV. I was chatting with AT&T earlier and they said I could get it free and free install. However it was strange he said he put it in for $399 now but in 15 days I would get an email showing me my free 4k equipment and install. Also he said I wouldn't need a new dish just the equipment. I told him about the Villa complex HOA not liking two dishes on the roof and just wanted to change out the LNB only but he still said I just needed the equipment. I also checked my account and it said I didn't get the free equipment upgrade until October 18th. Thanks.

My HR-44 is starting to crap out on me. Its freezing every now and then and I have to reset it to get it back to normal. I don't think I want the HS-17 anymore and wouldn't mind having the HR-54/C61lk. I also got a new Sony RVU 4k TV. I was chatting with AT&T earlier and they said I could get it free and free install. However it was strange he said he put it in for $399 now but in 15 days I would get an email showing me my free 4k equipment and install. Also he said I wouldn't need a new dish just the equipment. I told him about the Villa complex HOA not liking two dishes on the roof and just wanted to change out the LNB only but he still said I just needed the equipment. I also checked my account and it said I didn't get the free equipment upgrade until October 18th. Thanks.
whether they give it for free I can't answer. I work for them and don't understand what goes on in their heads. the work order will call for a new lnb. most likely swm 3 reverse band depending on the market. keep in mind, the hr54 will not be on the 4k tv. the c61k will as the hr54 will not provide the 4k channels. and do not opt for the directv ready option. it's crap. get the actual 4k receiver(c61k).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: cinsu
whether they give it for free I can't answer. I work for them and don't understand what goes on in their heads. the work order will call for a new lnb. most likely swm 3 reverse band depending on the market. keep in mind, the hr54 will not be on the 4k tv. the c61k will as the hr54 will not provide the 4k channels. and do not opt for the directv ready option. it's crap. get the actual 4k receiver(c61k).

What about those new Osha Rules about the roof? Can they just go up on the roof and replace the old LNB with the swm 3 reverse band? Also what was with that 15 day email? Even the 2017 TV's RVU is crap?

What about those new Osha Rules about the roof? Can they just go up on the roof and replace the old LNB with the swm 3 reverse band? Also what was with that 15 day email? Even the 2017 TV's RVU is crap?
yes they don't need to change the dish.

Cool, thanks. Just curious is the new reverse band LNB more susceptible to rain fade?

The difference is negligible. Each LNB has its quirks. The first generation reverse band LNBs got terrible signal but that has since improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is negligible. Each LNB has its quirks. The first generation reverse band LNBs got terrible signal but that has since improved.

agreed

Why are TV's with built in RVU crap? Wasn't that with the older models? I tried it once on a 2012 HD Samsung and that was crap the guide wasn't as bright as the boxes and it was slow. Is that the same way on 2017 4k RVU models?

Why are TV's with built in RVU crap? Wasn't that with the older models? I tried it once on a 2012 HD Samsung and that was crap the guide wasn't as bright as the boxes and it was slow. Is that the same way on 2017 4k RVU models?
they lag and you can't program genie remote to control your surround or sound bar. to me those are huge deal breakers. most people use some type of external audio source since tvs have crap audio. so if you get rvu(directv ready) set up and have any type of audio other than the tv, yep you'll be using two remotes.

they lag and you can't program genie remote to control your surround or sound bar. to me those are huge deal breakers. most people use some type of external audio source since tvs have crap audio. so if you get rvu(directv ready) set up and have any type of audio other than the tv, yep you'll be using two remotes.

Just curious is the "LA" in your username for "Los Angeles" or "Louisiana"?

How do you know the 1st gen from the newer one ?

I suppose it's more of a manufacturer difference than generation. The first ones had a flat back, were more square and had a yellow installer removed sticker. The newer ones have like a nipple over the 101 feed horn, the back is angled a bit, the installer removed sticker is white and the serial sticker is on the side.

I tried to upload a picture but it keeps failing.

So is getting the HR-54/C61k better than getting the HS-17/C61k? One thing I don't like about the HS-17 if it goes down you are screwed. However, I wonder if a new Interface comes out the HS-17 would be the only one to get it along with the C61ks and any future HS models and clients. Maybe the just the HR-44 and HR-54 would get the new interface if it comes out but not the boxes below them?

So is getting the HR-54/C61k better than getting the HS-17/C61k? One thing I don't like about the HS-17 if it goes down you are screwed. However, I wonder if a new Interface comes out the HS-17 would be the only one to get it along with the C61ks and any future HS models and clients. Maybe the just the HR-44 and HR-54 would get the new interface if it comes out but not the boxes below them?
if the hr54 and hr44 go down you are screwed as well. they all act as servers. difference is the hs17 does not act as a viewing receiver and it has more tuners to support more clients. as far as future proofing, the 54 will not become obsolete until well after your "next" free upgrade becomes available 2 years from now.

if the hr54 and hr44 go down you are screwed as well. they all act as servers. difference is the hs17 does not act as a viewing receiver and it has more tuners to support more clients. as far as future proofing, the 54 will not become obsolete until well after your "next" free upgrade becomes available 2 years from now.

You still have the other H/HR boxes to fall back if the HR-44 and HR-54 go down? With the HS-17 their are only client boxes. Unless you can still use the DTV APP if the HS-17 went down?

You still have the other H/HR boxes to fall back if the HR-44 and HR-54 go down? With the HS-17 their are only client boxes. Unless you can still use the DTV APP if the HS-17 went down?
you can have the hs17 and other receivers as well. you can have whatever setup you want in you're home. the only rule is they will not allow you to have more than one genie. I've been to a mansion where the guy had 2 dishes, to swm16 multiswitches and 21 receivers if I recall.

you can have the hs17 and other receivers as well. you can have whatever setup you want in you're home. the only rule is they will not allow you to have more than one genie. I've been to a mansion where the guy had 2 dishes, to swm16 multiswitches and 21 receivers if I recall.

Other reports are saying that the HS-17 is client only. Unless you have two have two dishes one for the H/HR boxes and one for the HS-17 and its clients?

http://forums.solidsignal.com/docs/Hands On HS17.pdf

http://iamanedgecutter.com/docs/HS17_Genie2_Edgecutter_Review.pdf

Reactions: comp9
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)