Can You Get A 4k Free Upgrade Early?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am planning for my free upgrade and am torn between HR 54 and HS 17. I currently have an HR 44 and an HR 22. I have never had clients, and am concerned about so many people saying clients are crap. I do like having separate playlists like I have now, and the speed of the HR 44 is great. Is the speed of the wired 4k client comparable to the HS44/54 and will the installer do the required runs to install wired clients?

hr44 and hr22 have 150 timers combined, and 7 tuners
hs17 has 100 timers and 7 tuners minus any clients connected

hs17 is not an upgrade from what you have

The original ones were 3D2RBLNBR0-01. These got signal in the mid -40 dbm

The current one I am using is 3D2RBLNBR0-02. Signal in the mid -30 dbm.

There is another version or there which I have not used, 3D2RBLNBR0-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. I've never been a fan of WNC LNBs, so it doesn't shock me that switching manufacturers (and possibly spec) helped some #s.

Thanks, for that info. I hope I could get that 3D2RBLNBR0-14 installed when I would get my free upgrade.

Looks like I have the first gen.
So should I expect my Signal Strength to be lower than it is currently when I put it on ?

You likely won't se a difference on the SQ, Signal Quality on the receiver itself.

You likely won't se a difference on the SQ, Signal Quality on the receiver itself.

Didn't you say the first generation one the signal quality was bad? Or was that with that with that huge one with the three circles? Would all the ones with the single circle be the same with signal quality?

Didn't you say the first generation one the signal quality was bad? Or was that with that with that huge one with the three circles? Would all the ones with the single circle be the same with signal quality?
I believe he was talking about the levels on a meter you would use at the dish, those signals are usually much different than what you see on the recvr.
For example, on my meter at the dish I am peaked at 69 or 70 ... but in the house at the recvr, the recvr reads in the mid 90's to 100 for most of them.

I suppose different meters could read differently.

I'm referring to the actual signal power level on a meter. The signal quality you see on the receiver is a "friendly number" that tries to balance signal power, SNR and offset to give you a percentage but it can't always give you an indicator of a poor signal especially over long distances or when your signal power level at the LNB is already below spec.

In most circumstances a signal power level in the 30s or even low 40s is going to be ok. Each splitter of course reduces that signal level exponentially as well as the length of cable.

I definitely would not use a RB LNB with a signal level of -40 dBm on a 100 foot cable run to an 8 way, you're looking at at least 20 dBm of loss putting you way outside functional range.

However systems like that are rare, that's why I say in most situations you are ok and the difference (>10 dbm) between reverse band LNBs is negligible. That's as much difference as a 4 way splitter would cause.

Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.
I was also curious if I got the HS-17 with my free upgrade I was wondering how the new 13 tuner reverse band LNB works since the HS-17 says SWM 15 on the back of it, I think that has something to do with the two 4k tuners right? They would also replace the SWM 16 with the 13 tuner Reverse Band LNB right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)