Can you name this dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotelboss

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Fort Bragg,Calif
Does anyone know what brand dish this is?
Thanks
Cecil Lale

Attachments

• a0bb_1.JPG
    a0bb_1.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 361
  • a96c_1.JPG
    a96c_1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 358
thats a wierd feed on it.

you don't like the new-age looking buttonhook feed? I think it looks pretty cool.

I have no idea what the dish is, btw. but go for it because the manufacturer probably doesn't matter when you can compute a lot of things yourself (focal length, f/d ratio, etc) for installing it at your house.

Prodelin?

Who else made molded dishes with ribs on the back like that back in the day? I don't think Odom did....maybe Channelmaster....Dunno...looks cool though...wonder how bad its weathered under all that dirt? :confused:

Looks promising....:D

There is a dish near me that says DP on it in green letters and in a green circle, what brand is that?
i think the op should look closely at the back of the dish to see what brand it is 95% of dishes have a brand on them

I know I'm repling to an old thread, but I believe it is a Prodelin. I ran across one a couple days ago that looks the same, and it was a Prodelin. The one I saw was at a house of a friend and she was wondering if it was still good for anything. Hers still had a LNA on it so that would need to be changed. I didn't have time to check the motor out, but she really only wants to get the nets on 99. She is getting sick of the 2 channels around here. Hers is even about as dirty as that one.

SatPhreak -

Well, do throw us up some better pictures.
I'm sure 99°w won't be a big challenge for that dish! - :rolleyes:
(looks like the C2 is still on sale)

I'll try to get some pics. The only digital camera I have is on my netbook, but I didn't have it with me at the time.

I'm looking for a LNB now, but this dish is strange in how the lnb mounts. It has a stainless steel (no rust, so that's why I think its SS) hose clamp that clamps around the throat of the lnbf behind the scaler ring. It doesn't mount to the scaler ring like on most dishes. I was first thinking of the stacked c band lnb that Saudon sells, but it doesn't look like it will fit on this type of mount. I was wondering if any of the c/ku lnbf's are any good for both bands in case she want's to get a gbox to drive it.

It did have a stange actuator, it looks like a hydraulic cylinder more than a jack screw but it does have an electric motor on the end of it like a normal jack screw. I didn't have a ladder, or the time to check it out further. It probably is just a jack screw with a chrome rod around the theads to keeep all the dirt off the threads.

I came across something that looks fairly similar a few months ago, and the feed attachment is also a little wacky by today's standards. The guy didn't know much about its lineage and it looked more than a project I wanted to embark on. But it was in good shape and very interesting (see photos). I could find no markings anywhere on the dish to help identify what it is.

Attachments

• 100_1815A.jpg
    100_1815A.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_1816A.jpg
    100_1816A.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_1817A.jpg
    100_1817A.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1818A.jpg
    100_1818A.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_1819A.jpg
    100_1819A.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_1820A.jpg
    100_1820A.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 216
Pendragon -

I'd read about old dishes with a TV antenna rotator to move the feedhorn between V & H, but never saw one!
Thanks for the laugh.
Your dish is clearly molded, but I can't believe the feed is factory.
That odd bowl protecting the rotator may offer a clue...:confused:
Anyway, thanks for sharing! - :up

edit:
I was just going to say the "bowl" looks to be fiberglass, and it deteriorating somewhat in the weather.
It's also a structural element, and built very well.
However, the S-hooks supporting the scalar are quite a hoot.
I'm guessing the entire feed support structure is home -made!
(still laughing!)

Pendragon -

I'd read about old dishes with a TV antenna rotator to move the feedhorn between V & H, but never saw one!
Thanks for the laugh.

Never saw one with a rotor either. That was back in the way early days of c band. That was a cool blast from the past :D

That's the same model dish I have. I don't know what make/model it is either. I got it from someone who was going to throw it away.

Nice strong dish. It also came with a LNA. I replaced it with a C/Ku feedhorn. Only problem was I had to cut the boom to make the length adjustable because the focal length was not correct when I installed the new feedhorn.

This dish uses a 5 or 5.5 inch diameter pole, not some puny 3.5 inch pole to keep it in the ground.

I can try to take pictures if anyone is interested.

I was wondering if any of the c/ku lnbf's are any good for both bands in case she want's to get a gbox to drive it.
We have favorable reviews of the Gbox 3000. - :up
You might verify how many counts it takes to drive the motor across the arc.
The Gbox will give you the most for what you got.
If worse comes to worse, we also have had discussions about increasing the count from some motors.
This would be more a problem on Ku, and not so much on C-band.

For dual band LNBF, both the Ck-1 and DMX741 (standard) have been getting high marks ...
... from members willing to be very careful about centering and aligning it.
Should have good reviews of both, too.

How well that old dish would work on Ku, I couldn't guess.
But, I'd give it a try. - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)