Can you pay for a premium channel annually?

VeronicaF

Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Northeastern US
I read elsewhere that I may be able to pay for my Showtime package on an annual basis with savings. However, the CSR I got in chat was not helpful. Can I do this?

The discount is usually very close to a month's worth. I pay for the top 250 (or whatever they call it now) annually and get about a month for free. (Plus you are immune to the yearly price increase for a few months until your annual subscription is up). Several years ago I used to pay for HBO and Showtime on a yearly basis, but I don't subscribe to those anymore so I don't know if Dish still has annual for premiums.

As of December 16th, annual programming subscriptions are no longer available for core packages or premiums to new subscribers. If you already subscribe to annual programming you are "grandfathered in", however your status will change with any programming changes. Wish I could give you other info as I see this may have been something you were interested in.

I called Dish Network in August and asked about prepaying for my programming for the year and was told by the CSR that I couldn't do that. Was the cut off really Dec. 16, why wasn't I allowed back in August to switch to an annual subscription? Any ideas why Dish would stop doing annual subscriptions?

I called Dish Network in August and asked about prepaying for my programming for the year and was told by the CSR that I couldn't do that. Was the cut off really Dec. 16, why wasn't I allowed back in August to switch to an annual subscription? Any ideas why Dish would stop doing annual subscriptions?

I changed back to annual billing in November (I guess just in time). But, there are a lot of things that were not available annually (like receiver fees).

Sorry for the misinformation given in August. Annual programming (depending on what you were trying to get) was still available back in August. As mike123abc mentioned there were still some pieces not officially annual at that time (locals, receiver fees, service plan, etc). Although the discount is no longer available, you can always multiply your monthly by 12 and pay for it up front. Your bills will show as a credit until that is depleted. I will make sure I forward the desire for annual programming to return through the channels I have here and we can hopefully get that back for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)