Can you record Daves steam on an HR23?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
OR how do all of you record and save HD content for later storage.
is there a way to record the stream and save it to a PC

Im getting an HR23 soon

OR how do all of you record and save HD content for later storage.
is there a way to record the stream and save it to a PC

Im getting an HR23 soon

I have no idea what "Daves steam" is, but you can record any programs and watch later (the HR23 will record up to 100 hours of HD, more of SD). PPV is limited to viewing within 24 hours. With the Directv2PC program, you can watch any of the recorded programming on a PC, but cannot save it to the PC.

I have no idea what "Daves steam" is, but you can record any programs and watch later (the HR23 will record up to 100 hours of HD, more of SD). PPV is limited to viewing within 24 hours. With the Directv2PC program, you can watch any of the recorded programming on a PC, but cannot save it to the PC.

Bob, I think he's talking about copying to a DVD for playing elsewhere.

You can probably do it, but it will cost you PLENTY if you want to keep the same format.

You can always play the recorded material from the D* DVR and feed it into a DVR Recorder, but you'll lose your format, so if it was in HD, chances are it won't be when your done.

You don't have to view a PPV movie within 24 hours of recording it.

Once you start watching a PPV movie you have to finish watching it within 24 hours.
You can't start it one day then watch the rest of the movie 2 days later.

I've had PPV movies on the list waiting to be watched for days and weeks before I got around to watching them. I think the PPV movie will be removed from the list if you haven't started watchig it with 30 days.

You don't get charged for it until you start to watch it and it asks - Do you really want to watch this for $5.99(or whatever $$) ?

You don't have to view a PPV movie within 24 hours of recording it.

Once you start watching a PPV movie you have to finish watching it within 24 hours.
You can't start it one day then watch the rest of the movie 2 days later.

I've had PPV movies on the list waiting to be watched for days and weeks before I got around to watching them. I think the PPV movie will be removed from the list if you haven't started watchig it with 30 days.

You don't get charged for it until you start to watch it and it asks - Do you really want to watch this for $5.99(or whatever $$) ?

I wonder if thier PPV sales have dropped much since they implemented this ?

Personally, I have watched maybe 2 show on PPV in 5+ years

I watched a few minutes of a pushed PPV just to verify that my new 1080p TV actually displayed that resolution :) I haven't bought one in several years. The recently-announced delay on some Netflix DVDs might help PPV sales, but the price point really isn't right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts