Can you run two lines from one Antenna?

hobbsholepro

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
I have a CM4228 and would like to run a new line from that antenna to my new tv and was wondering if a new line would work if I ran it from the antenna into another amplifier(CM7777).

Basically, will two lines work coming from one antenna?

I have a CM4228 and would like to run a new line from that antenna to my new tv and was wondering if a new line would work if I ran it from the antenna into another amplifier(CM7777).

Basically, will two lines work coming from one antenna?

I don't use an amp on my antenna, but I use a splitter to split the feed to my 722, 622, and A/V receiver for HD radio.

Yes, use a good quality splitter and you should be fine.

Would it be possible to run two separate wires from the balun on the antenna or would that pull the signal down just like a splitter?

Or, would my best bet be to buy a second antenna?|

Thanks

Why not use a "amplified splitter" or distribution amplifier.
Any 75 ohm (coax) cable splitting should be very well grounded at the junction for signal reasons.

Using 2 baluns is the same as a splitter, half the signal goes down each wire. If your signal is strong enough it should be no problem

I am thinking it would be better to use a splitter because (correct me if I am wrong) but if you put two baluns on the same antenna (each balun is 300 ohms x2 = cuts impedence at the antenna feed point to 150 ohms-Not good).

Just use a splitter. Be careful with amplifiers because they also amplify noise.
If you use an amp or need one, get a high quality low noise amp, and connect the amp between the antenna and splitter before the split.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)