Can you still watch 722K thats no longer subbed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Stuff on the internal drive? My roomate has all 150 episodes of NCIS and hasnt gotten around to burning them to disc....

I thought you could. Its been awhile but I had a 625 that was removed from the account and I was still able to playback the recordings and put them on VHS.

If you google around, you may be able to find an old DOS/linux program that can read the contents of the drive and transfer them to a pc .

It's not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination and will take a day or two to decode and transfer the files to a PC. Then you have to use a windows based program to put the pieces of the files back together in a way that you can burn them.

I tried it once on an old 501 and it worked good, but Hell will freeze over before I ever jump on that task again. All the time involved, it's cheaper to just rent the disk from netflix.

Bob- Prove it to yourself. Just disconnect the 722K from the sat connections and the phone line/ethernet and reboot it and see what happens. :)

You can. Just to test, I disconnected sat and am watching a recording now.

Last edited:
I did it with my 522 and 622 , but you can't use the EHD with the 622. In fact if you have it hooked up to the lnb after removing it from your account you can still get some channels including the test channel. I don't know if they have the ability to send a hit to it to kill it, mine work for a year before I reactivated it.

I think that's the key... He needs to disconnect the SAT cabling BEFORE he calls them to cancel.

Unhooking it from the SAT feeds isn't a real test.
And DON'T hook the Dish back up to any of the receivers! At least until all of the recordings have been watched.

Actually the units will shut off after a certain period of time without seeing a satelite signal. Had that happen to me as well when I was remodeling my sons room.

I have a 625 and a upgraded 522:)

Both of these can watch the DVRed shows. Just looked at one the other day.

Both were disconnected before getting the kill command.

If E sends a kill command for non payment you cant watch whats on the hard drive. A good friend called me a few months ago with that problem.......

But I wondered if 722s were different somehow?

My roomate has all the NCIS episodes, all 150 or so, except one reunion when both 722s crashed at the exact same moment.

Actually the units will shut off after a certain period of time without seeing a satelite signal. Had that happen to me as well when I was remodeling my sons room.

I had mine go through a 2+ hour movie, then started another for about a half hour.

Well, that's what I meant. If you unhook the DVR from the sat feeds and the ethernet ( just for safety purposes but I doubt that will matter), you could conceivably continue to use the recordings. While I have done this with my old 921, there is a problem that still needs to be tested and verified with a 722. I have not tried it so I don't know- If you reboot the 722 or (K ) DVR it may not work unless it can pass a check dish test during boot up. My 722 ( not K) acted like that so I assumed it will NOT work unless subbed. This tends to verify what Scott reports.
Opinion-
In addition to not have the sat feeds connected after you cancel, you should not disconnect the power until you have off-recorded your content from the internal hard drive.

I would also like to know if you could view the content on the 722 if you unhook satellite receiver from the dish before kill command comes. Would be nice if those with a 722 and EHD had to shut off their account could still watch their shows or record them over to something else.

I imagine all the content on that EHD will not work if you choose to use it on another account that had EHD function activated as well because it will want it to format?

If you reboot the 722 or (K ) DVR it may not work unless it can pass a check dish test during boot up. My 722 ( not K) acted like that so I assumed it will NOT work unless subbed.
Not true either. When it's "stuck" on the "Acquiring satellite..." screen, simply hit "MENU" on the remote.

I wondered about something like that too... Like a "phone home" check ? You're referring to days or weeks, not hours, I presume too, yes ?

ALL E receivers appear to lose all programming after a week or two off line.

in the old days receivers were only activated. I upgraded a 4000 and bought a 5000 for locals. my mom had trouble dealing with OTA locals.

anyhow our 4000 sat off line for near a year, turned it on it still had all programing from when it was last connected.

sold a box to a buddy, who was thrilled to find it had AEP, till the required card swap.

currently all boxes get their programing reauthorized every week or two. no re up no programing.

all of this was by accident i wasnt tryting to manipulate the system.

this saves E sending turn OFF hits to receivers forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)