Can you take hr22 to friends house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
Can I take the HR22 to a friends house and watch what's off the hard drive in my DVR? He does not have direct but dish. We wanna watch bunch of breaking bad I recorded and not hook it to a sat. Anyone know if it's possible?

Can I take the HR22 to a friends house and watch what's off the hard drive in my DVR? He does not have direct but dish. We wanna watch bunch of breaking bad I recorded and not hook it to a sat. Anyone know if it's possible?

Normally it will look for sat signal which it won't find before you can get to the other menus.

Some have said there is a way to watch recorded programming without the sat signal, but I have not been able to do it yet.

I will be happy to find a way to do this as well, it would come in handy when travelling and not staying long enough to set up sat.

Yea I noticed this too. I need to get to the menu where the dvr is I took the card out still not working.

I havent tried it myself, but I've heard that when you get to the 'searching for satellite system', screen you can hit 'menu' and then 'exit', then the playlist button and watch your shows without a dish hooked up.

I think that if you let it time out of the 'searching...' screen, which takes a while, that you can watch your shows after that.

I think that after a month or so it'll make you hook it up to a dish.

I havent tried it myself, but I've heard that when you get to the 'searching for satellite system', screen you can hit 'menu' and then 'exit', then the playlist button and watch your shows without a dish hooked up.

I think that if you let it time out of the 'searching...' screen, which takes a while, that you can watch your shows after that.

I think that after a month or so it'll make you hook it up to a dish.

It did nit work thankmyou thou.

Nope, just once and that brings up the playlist. Hitting it twice brings up some other screen for filtering the playlist, if I recall correctly.

If I remember right, the 'menu' button is active when the dvr is 'searching for signal' so you can change the dish or lnb type. If you then hit exit you should be at a black screen with a 771 error. You can then hit the playlist button once and the playlist will come up and you can play a show.

He might want to try unplugging the unit and have it do a reboot and then see if it works.

Seeing he will have to do a reboot regardless.

That would be the "List" button.
He mentioned Both Playlist and List buttons in the post is why I wondered.

Sigh. The list button brings up the playlist. As far as I know, thats all it does. I imagine it was hard to fit the word 'playlist' on the small button. ;)

Fwiw, I tried what he would have to do including a reboot (unplugging) seeing he can't take it to his friends without unplugging it.

Once it boots back up and goes to a point where it times out and the screensaver comes up, I was able to get into the playlist portion and chose a show to watch.
Then when I hit PLAY, it came up with a ext. 750 Service Not Active
and will not go any farther.

btw, thats on a HR20-700, not sure if the model makes any difference or not.

What did you play? Was it a ppv or a premium recording, etc? If it was something off a local channel, was it OTA or sat? There may be some things that wont play when offline.

Or maybe they've spent time making sure you cant do this anymore.

I watched 5 episodes of breaking bad off AMC worked with no issues at all. And was able to watch some HD of espn2. And some shows recorded of showtime all in HD through hdmi.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)