Can you take hr22 to friends house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What did you play? Was it a ppv or a premium recording, etc? If it was something off a local channel, was it OTA or sat? There may be some things that wont play when offline.

Or maybe they've spent time making sure you cant do this anymore.

What I played was an OTA recording.
Does that make a difference ?

I watched 5 episodes of breaking bad off AMC worked with no issues at all. And was able to watch some HD of espn2. And some shows recorded of showtime all in HD through hdmi.

Maybe you can't watch a recording from an OTA option, but that seems odd ...

Yeah, I'd have thought that those would be the most likely to play, since they arent encrypted.

You werent trying to watch something from MRV, were you? I'm not sure what happens when you have a receiver disconnected from the satellite but still connected to your home network.

If you've got the ethernet connected, try unplugging that too. If you're on DECA, try disabling MRV in the menu. If you have deca, mrv turned on, and no sat connection it might be trying to establish the mrv connections and its mad because it cant. ???

cfb
Yeah, I'd have thought that those would be the most likely to play, since they arent encrypted.

Me too

You werent trying to watch something from MRV, were you?
Nope, MRV not hooked up at the moment

I'm not sure what happens when you have a receiver disconnected from the satellite but still connected to your home network.

If you've got the ethernet connected, try unplugging that too. If you're on DECA, try disabling MRV in the menu. If you have deca, mrv turned on, and no sat connection it might be trying to establish the mrv connections and its mad because it cant. ???

This particular HR20 is NOT connected to the internet, or DECA or MRV !

A simple way to check if the hr22 would work at your friends house is easy. You can try it at home. Power down the reciever and disconnect the power. Disconnect the sat cable(s), phone line, eithernet, and any other cables. Do not disconnect the external hard drive, if you have one connected. Do not disconnect the reciever from the tv. Plug in the power cord and wait for the box to reboot, it will take a few minutes. After the reboot is complete, try to view a recorded program. The reciever may not be able to reboot because the sat is not connected and cannot find a sat signal or info. You may have to find a way by going through the menu and changing some of the settings. If you can view a program then feel happy to take the reciever to your friends house and watch whatever you have recorded. If you can't watch a program then it will not work at your friends house.

Last edited:
She did bring it to my house and we did get it to work and watch it here, just hit list button couple of times till i got into the dvr part of the box.

She did bring it to my house and we did get it to work and watch it here, just hit list button couple of times till i got into the dvr part of the box.

Curious .....
Were you watching sat channel recordings or ota recordings ?

I tried the same thing to check and could not get it to work, but the only thing I had on the playlist at the time was OTA stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts