Can you use two RC66RX remotes on one h24 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rough2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I have a tv with an h24 receiver in our guest bedroom and have another tv piggybacked off of that receiver in my office. I wou.ld like to be able to change channels when in the office. It works for me if both worked on RF or if one was RF and the other IR. I have not been successful so far...any suggestions?

I have a tv with an h24 receiver in our guest bedroom and have another tv piggybacked off of that receiver in my office. I wou.ld like to be able to change channels when in the office. It works for me if both worked on RF or if one was RF and the other IR. I have not been successful so far...any suggestions?
Yes, you can.
The H24's maybe all of them, does either IR or RF, not both ... Choose the RF obviously.

I do not remember the sequence to make them both work but an installer will I'm sure.

Have both remote handy, go to the H24 and set the remotes to RF at the same time. Set up 1 of them and DO NOT check to make sure it worked. Just make sure you follow the directions on screen step for step then do the 2nd remote and you'll be good.

Reactions: Jimbo
Have both remote handy, go to the H24 and set the remotes to RF at the same time. Set up 1 of them and DO NOT check to make sure it worked. Just make sure you follow the directions on screen step for step then do the 2nd remote and you'll be good.
Thanks for the info Hutch !

I knew one of you guys would see this.

Wish there was a pamphlet that gave you all the scenarios for setting the Remotes up.

Thanks guys, I was starting to think I wasted my money on getting a second remote. Will give Hutch's approach a try later today.

Hutch
My bad, it's an h23 I am trying this on. I'm not having much success. If I get one remote to work, the other doesn't and vise-versa. Any suggestions, or have I gotten to old to follow a few simple steps.

Hutch
My bad, it's an h23 I am trying this on. I'm not having much success. If I get one remote to work, the other doesn't and vise-versa. Any suggestions, or have I gotten to old to follow a few simple steps.
Simple steps. Just remember NOT to check to make sure the first one took. When you check it it'll prolly close out of the screen and then you'll have to repeat the process again

Simple steps. Just remember NOT to check to make sure the first one took. When you check it it'll prolly close out of the screen and then you'll have to repeat the process again
Hutch....again, thanks, your original instructions were great except you forgot to tell me to hold my tongue on the left side of my mouth. Both working great now:)

Hutch....again, thanks, your original instructions were great except you forgot to tell me to hold my tongue on the left side of my mouth. Both working great now:)
That was totally my fault! I always forget that little part, sometimes putting your teeth on your tongue and bite down helps too! Glad it's working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts