Can you watch 1 HD & record another HD at the same time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I record some of the same shows on the 622 from Dallas HD LIL, and OTA from S. Okla., now that you can program conflicting programs to both record, and another backup on my 510 from Dallas SD LIL. During the persistent rain we have had in NE Texas, the rain fade does not affect my OTA signal - and the SD on the 510 is often fine when HD is wiped out or flaky. Even in clear weather, often the Dallas LIL HD signal will have problems, but the Dallas SD version is fine. Today, on my 622 the HiDef version of the final JEOPARDY! question was lost on Dallas HD LIL due to a Sig Lost msg. Not a cloud in the sky. But, I was able to replay it from one of my backups. Not that the College Summer contest is all that exciting. It is the principle. Stuff this expensive ought to work - most of the time.

Rarely, I will record two Dish HD or HD LIL shows and one OTA HD at the same time. Networks must stay up late trying to put all their best shows on at the same time. Well, WE don't have to choose. WE can record them all and Fast Forward through the dull stuff. If we have enough DVRs or PCs.

Sometimes it is not a question of how many shows can you watch, but how many HD LIL shows or Dish HD shows in general, get messed up. You can never have too much chocolate or too many backups.

I also have an HDTV OTA tuner in my PC (another DVR) and a Samsung Digital Set Top Box for my no-tuner DLP HDTV. Are SIX sources of signal too many? Not in my experience, with flaky gear, heavy rain, and persistent evil electronic gremlins. Out here in the sticks, TV is our main source of entertainment. Whatever it takes to get ONE complete program in the can, I will do. Trust me, I virtually never need the backup files on the PCs that I build, but quite often need one of my backups (today) for Dish LIL HD (even if it has to be SD on the 510). I can get only NBC, CBS, and FOX HD OTA.

A second 622 is on the horizon to replace the 510. Are eight channel sources too many? I don't think so when you have become addicted to HD and consider an SD programs on par with black and white. Then, I will be able to record four Dish HD channels, two OTA HD on the two 622s, and one OTA on the HD tuner in my PC. And in a pinch, watch HD OTA live on my second HDTV. I have a second tuner card for the PC (with BeyondTV), but so far have not seen the need to install it. Even I sense there IS a limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts