Can you watch a dual tuner HD DVR THRU a 2nd HD tuner?

Modwild

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I'm wondering if you can somehow hook up a 2nd HD tuner, and then input your dual tuner output into it so that you can watch your recorded programs via HD in the second room. I know you experts will know best!

Thanks!

Unless you don't mind that both TVs' are displaying the same channel/recording.
Hook one up with HDMI and the other with component.

Unless you don't mind that both TVs' are displaying the same channel/recording.
Hook one up with HDMI and the other with component.
Will that even work long term? I was using component video HD on my VIP 622 until I got my new video processor then tried HDMI and couldn't get a signal. Local sat provider couldn't figure it out so I got a new 622 and HDMI worked. I now have a VIP 722 and would love to send component video HD to a second room but am afraid I would lose my HDMI again. Can you use both HDMI and component simultaneous?

Will that even work long term? I was using component video HD on my VIP 622 until I got my new video processor then tried HDMI and couldn't get a signal. Local sat provider couldn't figure it out so I got a new 622 and HDMI worked. I now have a VIP 722 and would love to send component video HD to a second room but am afraid I would lose my HDMI again. Can you use both HDMI and component simultaneous?
I do it simultaneously on my 722. You likely had bad hardware if that happened.

All outputs on the 622/722/722k are active simultaneously.

If one does not work, it is a receiver failure or with HDMI, it might be a handshake failure with the receiver, but a component connection should have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the HDMI works properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)