Can you watch a dual tuner HD DVR THRU a 2nd HD tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Modwild

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I'm wondering if you can somehow hook up a 2nd HD tuner, and then input your dual tuner output into it so that you can watch your recorded programs via HD in the second room. I know you experts will know best!

Thanks!

Unless you don't mind that both TVs' are displaying the same channel/recording.
Hook one up with HDMI and the other with component.

Unless you don't mind that both TVs' are displaying the same channel/recording.
Hook one up with HDMI and the other with component.
Will that even work long term? I was using component video HD on my VIP 622 until I got my new video processor then tried HDMI and couldn't get a signal. Local sat provider couldn't figure it out so I got a new 622 and HDMI worked. I now have a VIP 722 and would love to send component video HD to a second room but am afraid I would lose my HDMI again. Can you use both HDMI and component simultaneous?

Will that even work long term? I was using component video HD on my VIP 622 until I got my new video processor then tried HDMI and couldn't get a signal. Local sat provider couldn't figure it out so I got a new 622 and HDMI worked. I now have a VIP 722 and would love to send component video HD to a second room but am afraid I would lose my HDMI again. Can you use both HDMI and component simultaneous?
I do it simultaneously on my 722. You likely had bad hardware if that happened.

All outputs on the 622/722/722k are active simultaneously.

If one does not work, it is a receiver failure or with HDMI, it might be a handshake failure with the receiver, but a component connection should have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the HDMI works properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)