Canadian, British, Irish or Australian TV with an IPTV box?

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Is there a box and service I can purchase to view live TV from any of these nations?

Most of the international channels on ROKU have gone away or will be going away due to the deal that Roku made with DISH for their DISH World service.

Me I subscribe to Sky Satellite Service in London and watch it here using a Slingbox. I hate to say it, but the HD quality looks better then what both American satellite providers deliver! (And that's over a Slingbox)

Here is where I got mine setup. Watch UK TV Abroad | British Satellite TV Slingbox Streaming | UK VPN Access

Scott Greczkowski said:
Most of the international channels on ROKU have gone away or will be going away due to the deal that Roku made with DISH for their DISH World service.

Me I subscribe to Sky Satellite Service in London and watch it here using a Slingbox. I hate to say it, but the HD quality looks better then what both American satellite providers deliver! (And that's over a Slingbox)

Here is where I got mine setup. Watch UK TV Abroad | British Satellite TV Slingbox Streaming | UK VPN Access

Scott, will a 922 work as a Slingbox in this setup, their website says Slingcatcher?

i am probably wrong on this..but the way i read it in ROKU forums is that some of the news and political channels would be allowed to stay( they had to get special permission from dish) but anything showing sports or general entertainment was toast

[h=2]Sorry ...[/h]Unfortunately, your country is not currently supported.
At this time, TVCatchup is available only in the United Kingdom.

Watching via the Sky Satellite Service over a Slingbox gives me all the channels and the HD quality looks AMAZING! To watch the Sling on my TV I am using a Boxee Box with the Sling app and as I said it looks amazing! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)