Canadian Shut Out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You could also try finding an American Broker. There are tons of American dealers that set up accounts for Canadians. My in laws went this route after I turned them down for a receiver on my acct.

Personally I think its a stupid law, you should be able to watch what you want to pay for...

I agree...

South of the Border, the local authorities don't seem to care, but Dish and DirecTV ( mainly Dish ) seem to go to great lengths to reduce the Sat footprint down there. There are ppl around here who handle accounts for relatives/friends down South.

The reason Americans can't get Canadian programming and vis versa has to do with copyright licensing. I learned all about this back in the days of Cband satellite tv. For example back in the day even though the Canadian could pick up HBO ( even if he had the VideoCipher decoder) he couldnt subscribe to HBO because the ONLY copyright licenses HBO had were the American rights NOT Canadian. The movie studios would sell the copyright licenses ( Canadian rights) to Canada's premium channels such as SuperChannel and First Choice which were the same way as HBO and couldn't for that reason legally allow an American to subscribe to their services. This was why back in the old days the Canadian channels were encrypted with a different encryption system (Oak Orion) and all American channels were encrypted with the VideoCipher system. DTV and E only have licenses to distribute their services in the US while Bell and Shaw have distribution rights only in Canada. Thats why you will never see it where we can subscribe to each others providers

You can hundreds of them and Dishnetwork Dishes while driving around Niagara Falls Region of Ontario.

yeah tons of Dishnetwork dishes all over ontario, i figure most of them were/are used for FTA'ing dish/bell back when they could easily be hacked.

Slimlines on the other hand are only used for DTV subs and its obvious whats going on inside of the house/restaurant/company that has one mounted on it. Thats why seeing this dish on a legit company makes me laugh at how CRTC laws dont apply to corporations

Don't CanCon laws have something to do with it as well? I know XM hit that wall when they tried to offer service in Canada, and in order to make it happen had to add several 100% Canadian content and French language channels.

^^ screw that..just do what you want to do, be quiet and fly under the radar.

I've used Freeway support for years, now tonight I finally realized that I had not been billed in 2 months, so I did some searching. I still have my service as of Oct 28, but expect it will be cut off any day.

I like to point out that DTV while would like to have the business of Canadians we cant legally offer it and I am obligated to the company to report any canadians or Americans helping Canadians receive dtv signal illegally to Legal. What happens after that well that up to them but I would rather not be put in that situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts