Canadian TV in Florida

Leesburg

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
I spend the winters in Florida. Is there a SIMPLE way for me to get Canadian TV reception while I am in Florida? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leesburg yes you can get Shaw Direct in Florida. It sounds like youre a Canuck so you can get a subscription for your home and then take the rcvr to FL and have another dish there. I think Shaw calls it home away from home it should be easy for you.

Leesburg yes you can get Shaw Direct in Florida. It sounds like youre a Canuck so you can get a subscription for your home and then take the rcvr to FL and have another dish there. I think Shaw calls it home away from home it should be easy for you.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I am a Canadian. I live in an area of Ontario that does not have Shaw, just Bell and Rogers.

Is Bell TV (with Canadian programing) available in Florida right now?
If so, does anyone know how long it will be available?

I also live in Fort Myers, Florida on the south west cost in the winter but I need to set up my dish from scratch. I hope I am posting this in the right place. I need to zero in on sat EV 91. I need to know the [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]azimuth and elevation and skew positions as well as the compass settings in order to find the sat. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
[/FONT]

I was at my home in Cape Coral last week and found I had no Bell ExpressVu TV, after checking my dish position and doing some research found
out Bell Nimiq 6's footprint does not go south of around Philadelphia anywhere in North America. I have purchased a Slingbox PRO-HD to hook up
at my home in Ontario and a Boxee Box to hook to the Internet in Florida and connected to the TV by a HDMI cable, I won't be going back to Florida until October to make the final hook up but have been told I can control my PVR from Florida and watch all programming as if my Bell satelitte was still hooked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)