Question about my Expressvu PVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sparkster

Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Delaware
Before losing my Expressvu service (because of the satellite footprint moving), I'd recorded over 500 hours of programming. I can still watch these pre-recorded programs on my Expressvu PVR receiver - they are stored on a separate portable hard drive.

Will these programs be downloadable on to my PC (and playable once there, as MPEGs or something?) or are they stored in a proprietary Expressvu format that only works with the Expressvu PVR hooked up to my TV? I guess I can try it myself by plugging the hard drive into my PC but I wanted to ask first in case it might be hard to get the PVR working again, since I no longer receive the live Expressvu signal.

They are encrypted and will only play on your DVR as long as your account is active. Once you cancel service you will NEVER be able to view the recordings on the EHD again.

But...

They are encrypted and will only play on your DVR as long as your account is active. Once you cancel service you will NEVER be able to view the recordings on the EHD again.

How does my EHD "know" I have an active account? I can't get any signal from the 91 satellite anymore and my phone is not connected but the PVR part still works. I can play all my old recordings now, even though I can't get any live Expressvu TV. Are you sure I can't just use my EHD as a playback device for the PVR, even after I no longer have an Expressvu account?

If it's getting no signal, eventually the authorization will time out, then you're screwed.

yup. If it can't get authorization from the satellite within say a week the card dies and then you're screwed until it gets reactivated

But in your other thread you are within the footprint of 82W so it would still work if you got a bigger dish

yup. If it can't get authorization from the satellite within say a week the card dies and then you're screwed until it gets reactivated

But in your other thread you are within the footprint of 82W so it would still work if you got a bigger dish

But it sounds like, at best, I can only get the Bell HD channels because I probably can only get the 82W signal. So if there is a channel I like on SD only, I won't get it. So maybe it's time to switch to Shaw and forget all this nonsense! What dish is recommended for Shaw at my latitude?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)