Canadian/US services Redux

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In Canada, most folks have been forced to hack because they cannot legally subscribe. Anyway, gotta love the hypocrise of the canadian/us corporation. They turn a blind eye to Americans subcribing to canadian tv, but god forbid if a Canadian attempts to do the same.

Its not the Canadian/US Corporation, its the Canadian Government that makes it a problem.

Canada has made viewing Dtv/DN Illegeal, where there is no law against it in the US.

Just because its "Illegal" does not "force" anyone to hack. That just makes it more illegal. Not only are you viewing "unauthorized programming", but you are stealing it as well.

Do what we do in the states, use a legitimate broker, and pay for your own services.

ultatryon, seems your response is targetted to me with certain implication. Also, if you are not aware having a broken in Canada is also illegal. I am currently enjoying my Free to Air receiver with a motor. Gives me all the programming I need. So, please don't insinuate someone is a hacker based on there response.

Hacking is a problem on both sides of the border and that should be tighten up. I just assume pay for a bill than to hack. I know some people that has Directv that hacks those receivers and it cost them more per year to hack than to pay for it. In the line of work I do, if I catch someone stealing they have two choices: 1 you sign up to be a paying customer or 2 I fill a warrant and you will go to jail.

maddawg said:
ultatryon, seems your response is targetted to me with certain implication. Also, if you are not aware having a broken in Canada is also illegal. I am currently enjoying my Free to Air receiver with a motor. Gives me all the programming I need. So, please don't insinuate someone is a hacker based on there response.

Your prior statement said...

In Canada, most folks have been forced to hack because they cannot legally subscribe

I do not assume that you do it, my comment was directed at those who DO hack. Just because you (the proverbial "you", not necessarily you directly) cannot legally subscribe to something, does not make it right to steal it. If you (again the proverbial you) are afraid that paying for service is illegal, yet dont care that it is MORE illegal to steal the service, then it is not a matter of legality whatsoever, but just that you (again, same disclaimer) just do not wish to pay for said service.

As I have said several times before, I find the concept of Theft of Service extremely offensive, and all the hackers deserve whats coming to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts