Nimiq1,2,3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ben_dover

Original poster
May 14, 2005
I was playing around with my DTV dish and I was able to catch the signal from Nimiq...Bellexpress @ 82 and 91w...Is there anyway I can get the channels??.....who do i pay..lol....or ....someone told me u could get this another way......but I am lost....I am new at the whole dish thing so any info is good info....

Thanks Ben

Well, the 'other way' is illegal and won't work much longer anyway, due to nagra2 encryption.

The way to do it in the usa is to find a broker, like canamsatellites.com or equivalent.

Not being rude but this is not a hacking site, DTV dish with a charlie reciever , I take it you lost your 400's because of big yellow, well too bad. This site is used for discussion of satellites not how to undo. Move On. Sorry everybody who reads this but I don't like people driving up my cost to pay for TV.

DCXFORDGM said:
Not being rude but this is not a hacking site, DTV dish with a charlie reciever , I take it you lost your 400's because of big yellow, well too bad. This site is used for discussion of satellites not how to undo. Move On. Sorry everybody who reads this but I don't like people driving up my cost to pay for TV.

Couldn't have said it better!

The guy is asking how to get BEV Legally, and you reply saying how hacking is illegeal.

Why dont you actually try to help the original poster, instead of accusing him of stealing.

I assume that you live in the US.. You will need a BEV reciever, such as a 3120 or something like it, and you will need to use a broker to establish service, since you do not have a canadian address. You will end up paying Bell directly for the service, and a fee to get the broker service up and running (usually about $50/year for the broker on top of the monthly services.

For the hardware, I recommend KuSat.com, for the brokerage, send a PM to Iceberg for details.

ultatryon said:
The guy is asking how to get BEV Legally, and you reply saying how hacking is illegeal.

Why dont you actually try to help the original poster, instead of accusing him of stealing.

I assume that you live in the US.. You will need a BEV reciever, such as a 3120 or something like it, and you will need to use a broker to establish service, since you do not have a canadian address. You will end up paying Bell directly for the service, and a fee to get the broker service up and running (usually about $50/year for the broker on top of the monthly services.

For the hardware, I recommend KuSat.com, for the brokerage, send a PM to Iceberg for details.

Isn't that what I said in my original post in response? He alluded to illegal hacking to (with the smiley on 'pay for it').

So I gave noth options, broker and even gave a name of one and that the other way is illegal.

I was more refering to DCX's response.. the OP basically said he was playing with a DTV dish.. I think all of us here have pointed a DTV dish with their FTA reciever at Dish or BEV at one point or another.. and even many use them for music on a regular basis.. and while hacking was mentioned, I do not believe it was the primary tone of the post.

So, following that train of logic, I must have signed up for *C because of nag2, right? Just because I signed up a few weeks ago? (As I later found out was shortly after the Nag2 switch over of TMN on BEV)

Like I said don't mean too be rude but when LOL is used, who do I pay or is there another way, To me that means stealing, the timing is there because of what charlie is doing and moving quickly to switch over all channels to yellow, a amature satellite reader could pick-up what he meant. I have said what I said I would not take it back. My bill goes up while people steal!

I will restate my point... while hacking was mentioned, I do not gather that was the primary tone of the post. one does not ask who to pay for service, if their primary intent was to steal.

I for one think that this thread has gotten way out of hand, the first reply and my first reply were the only helpful ones, the rest are just chaf.... including this one.

I am closing it because it is a hack question....anybody who says "who do I pay" followed with a "lol" is clearing a hacker...

This is not a hack site....period

ultatryon said:

the original post is a hack post

DCXFORDGM said:
Like I said don't mean too be rude but when LOL is used, who do I pay or is there another way, To me that means stealing,
thats how I read it
a amature satellite reader could pick-up what he meant.

as can this big ol moderator :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Canadian/US services Redux

paying for canadian satellite with us credit card