paying for canadian satellite with us credit card

dave v

Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
I'm planning on getting SC or BEV soon, i have a canadian friend whose address i can use but would i be able to pay BEV or SC directly with my american credit card or would they not accept that?

thanks
craig

No they will not accept it best bet is to have your friend Sub to it and you can pay him through Pay Pal then he can pay the bill

There is absolutly NO problem using a US credit card to pay for a canadian DBS subscription.

Yes, no problem with a US card. I used to subscribe directly to BEV and had no problem at all using my own credit card for payment.

dave v said:
I'm planning on getting SC or BEV soon, i have a canadian friend whose address i can use but would i be able to pay BEV or SC directly with my american credit card or would they not accept that?

thanks
craig

I pay using an American credit card with no problem. I do go through a broker though but still, the charge is done directly by Evu.

My Canadian friend also want DISHNetwork or Direct tv, could they pay for that with their Canadian credit Card?

dave v said:
My Canadian friend also want DISHNetwork or Direct tv, could they pay for that with their Canadian credit Card?

No problem at all, I pay for Dishnet and DirecTV with a Bahamian credit card.

dave v said:

I use my American Paypal card to pay DishNet. Any Canadian can get it. On another Canadian satellite forum I'm on, some people have said that DirecTV and Dish are checking the 1st 4 digits to see if they are American or not. The big issue is there is pressure from the Canadian rights holders of the broadcasts to not allow Canadians to subscribe to American services.

With respect to the Bahamas, I don't think they are putting the same pressure on as our evil CRTC.

And as a footnote; many Canadians have American credit cards for various reasons. There are many "snowbirds" who go down to the US to escape winter, for example.

Simple solution, you can drive over the border to Canada and purchase a rechargable Visa / Mastercard which has Canadian numbers.

Problem solved. :D

If people are willing to PAY to watch tv, they should be allowed to watch it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Simple solution, you can drive over the border to Canada and purchase a rechargable Visa / Mastercard which has Canadian numbers.

Problem solved. :D

If people are willing to PAY to watch tv, they should be allowed to watch it.
Scott
I think the issue was Dish/Direct won't allow a Canadian CC to pay for service. Its well known US CC can pay for CAD services :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)