Canal Vasco on Hispasat currently black?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Until a few days ago I was getting a good signal from Canal Vasco. Now I see a signal registering but no picture or sound. The Galician channel next door is good and strong with pic and sound, so the dish/lnb/diseqc/cable receiver chain appears to be good. Maybe I'm missing some news that it has gone HD or something? Using plain Fortec Star receiver. Must have changed in the last 96 hours or so...

Yes, it´s there with black screen.
Just I tuned to it and found the black screen but with good signal.
I ran a scan on that tp and canal vasco registered, but it´s that black screen I have it with a strong signal.

I can watch Galicia fine and also TVE Star HD just fine (both of them on same Hispasat bird).

Thanks. looks like they are working on it, picture is back but no sound.
I wrote them a polite note through the website contact page to report it, but the picture back is probably a coincidence.

I'm getting video on Canal Vasco, but no audio. So maybe they are working through some technical problems?

colbec beat me to it. :)

Regarding that incomprehensible audio, this is the channel that has programming not in Spanish but in the Basque dialect or language or whatever they call it right ?

Right, I was being tongue in cheek, the channel is mostly in the Basque language, occasionally in the regional Spanish.
It's amazing how much you can take in from just the video, but the non-verbal audio effects (laughter, cheers, boos, whistles, other noises) can add to the comprehension and sharing the enjoyment of the programme.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)