Canby Telcom’s Roku TV Tier Aims to Sidestep Aereo

Geesh,$14.95 per mo.for 8 local channels?That ought to really work well.I don't see that model lasting long at all.

This offer is similar to one used by many cable companies for many years to deliver a basic antenna service via their distribution plant.

This is a great idea to offer the antenna service to a new demographic and market and make some money from customers who might not consider a "Cable" connection!

Meanwhile folks can sub to netflix,huluplus,and amazon,for $7-$8 per month.I'm not saying the idea is bad,I'm saying it's overpriced.

The last time I had cable in suburbia, the locals and public access channels were available for $12 on the basic tier without encryption. I think that they now also require a converter rental for $5.

If locals were available in HD for $15 in my area, I would jump in a heartbeat! Even with my optimized terrestrial antenna system, I am limited in reliable reception of two networks and total of 4 local channels to due to the terrain. Receive dozens of channels and all networks from the Bay area (125 miles away) come and go throughout the day and erratic at best during summer months. The local cable company does not offer an antenna service and the the least expensive option would be Dish Welcome Pak.

Would love $7.99, but when presented with the options, $15 is not too bad! :cool:

Yeah I guess it all comes down to where you live...

Me I can get almost every channel in the state with a paper clip as an antenna, so $14.99 is not a good deal for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts