Canceled D*, get D* to remove dish on roof?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When you cancel cableTV service does the cable company send someone out to remove the wire from the pole to your house and all the inside cableTV wiring ?

When you cancel telephone service does the phone service provider send someone out to remove the phone wire from the pole to the house and remove the inside phone wire ?

the way to do this was /

1. order a relocate on the dish saying your having the roof replaced
2. trick a billing agent in with a sob story about the cost of the relocate ( 49.95 ) and get it credited
3. Then setup cancelation.

Its all in the order of the steps.

When you cancel cableTV service does the cable company send someone out to remove the wire from the pole to your house and all the inside cableTV wiring ?

When you cancel telephone service does the phone service provider send someone out to remove the phone wire from the pole to the house and remove the inside phone wire ?

I already mentioned all that common sense - it's just another example of the "entitlement" mentality that plagues this country... :rolleyes: :confused:

And BTW, some cable co. (at least some that have gone all digital) don't even bother to go out anymore & even disco the drop at the pole/pedestal anymore, which is the same way the phone co do it. With everything being encrypted, no need to spend $$$ on a tech visit to keep disco & reconnecting, & it's all ready for the new homeowners when they move in. Same reason why DBS does NOT normally remove a dish... (but I know there's no point in bring that up, either...)

Not to try to sound negative, but I have been in this business for 12 years now. I doubt the technician is even going to show on this one, unless its a slooooow day at the dispatch center. Thats if the agent you spoke with even booked the job at all

The dispatcher is going to look at the workload for the day, put all the paying customers first and this job will be dead last in the queue.

Then the other issue your going to have is with the Technicial sent out, heres why...

#1 They are sent out to make the systems work when they leave. If they take the system out as your saying, and if you happen to change your mind the next day, your going to request another trouble call, and that technicial will be sent out on what we call a repeat trouble call and will be re-installing the system at his expense.

#2 The technician would be responcible for sealing all the holes and where the bracket was on the roof. The technician takes down your Dish and if your roof leaks, or if you don't like the holes in your house where the cable comes in, guess who gets blamed?

#3 The technician is going to come out and request to change the order to a de-install and tell you there is additional charges. Not sure about Directv, but DISH Network charges $99 to come and remove the system.

I have actually been sent out TWICE to do just that ....... in my 20 years.

It was a very slow period of time, wonder if they came back since then ?

Not to try to sound negative, but I have been in this business for 12 years now. I doubt the technician is even going to show on this one, unless its a slooooow day at the dispatch center. Thats if the agent you spoke with even booked the job at all

The dispatcher is going to look at the workload for the day, put all the paying customers first and this job will be dead last in the queue.

Then the other issue your going to have is with the Technicial sent out, heres why...

#1 They are sent out to make the systems work when they leave. If they take the system out as your saying, and if you happen to change your mind the next day, your going to request another trouble call, and that technicial will be sent out on what we call a repeat trouble call and will be re-installing the system at his expense.

#2 The technician would be responcible for sealing all the holes and where the bracket was on the roof. The technician takes down your Dish and if your roof leaks, or if you don't like the holes in your house where the cable comes in, guess who gets blamed?

#3 The technician is going to come out and request to change the order to a de-install and tell you there is additional charges. Not sure about Directv, but DISH Network charges $99 to come and remove the system.

That was my thinking. And from the tech perspective, yet ANOTHER b.s. service call that pays peanuts. The tech may just blow the job off altogether. What would the OP threaten to do if he doesn't show....cancel his service? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Back at you. Called D* and they said since I've been a loyal customer for so long with the best plan (basically everything) and a regular ppv buyer - they will send a tech out to remove only the coaxial wires - nothing else.

D* CSR's are the best that I've ever dealt with. They didn't laugh, they didn't do anything but be receptive to my request. They did say that they will not touch the disk or the bolts, but the wires they will deal with.

The tech will probably take the dish down if you offer him a little cash.

Yep, wonder when this was 'scheduled' for because we know the OP will be back then about a no-show. CSR probably told him that to get him off the phone. As webby mentioned, what can he do if the tech doesn't show? LOL

:rolleyes: Back at you. Called D* and they said since I've been a loyal customer for so long with the best plan (basically everything) and a regular ppv buyer - they will send a tech out to remove only the coaxial wires - nothing else.

D* CSR's are the best that I've ever dealt with. They didn't laugh, they didn't do anything but be receptive to my request. They did say that they will not touch the disk or the bolts, but the wires they will deal with.

Nice, when are they coming out?

What coax are they removing? If he removes all the coax from dish to your receiver(s) are you ready to fill in the holes in the wall(s) or are you expecting him to?

Nice, when are they coming out?

What coax are they removing? If he removes all the coax from dish to your receiver(s) are you ready to fill in the holes in the wall(s) or are you expecting him to?

Chances are if they come out, they will cut the coax at the house and go from there, bet the don't do anything on the inside.

Wonder what provider the OP's going to next and how they'll feel when they find that the coax that they could have used has been cut off ....
Probably charge to install new coax, sub won't like that either.

Wonder what provider the OP's going to next and how they'll feel when they find that the coax that they could have used has been cut off ....
Probably charge to install new coax, sub won't like that either.

Probably true, but you are assuming logic and reason were part of the OP's argument.

Status
Please reply by conversation.