Canceled Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I canceled my install the guy that showed up didn't act very professional like he didn't really want to be here and do what was on order said he would have to run another line and that would be $49 extra which was no big deal apparently you need 2 coaxial cables at the router which was fine then he couldn't make up mind how he wanted or where he wanted to do it so I canceled his lose had already decided if I got someone who took pride in their work was going to tip them well.:(
Looked like a contractor.

Try a local dealer.
They are generally in a happy mood.:)

I really didn't want a song and dance just someone to come in do the work and know what he was doing thats it.

Tip: By not making an effort to punctuate your posts, you're making it an effort to interpret them. You might get more thoughtful responses if you used a period once in a while.:up

Last edited:
"Looked like a contractor"

You think that is a bad thing? Nowhere in the specifications does it mention professional demeanor. I know in high school they stressed using punctuation.

Joe

WOW, someone cant take constructive criticism. Why do people get so angry when they hear/told something they don't like. Kids these days.... geeze!

( I wish to take a un-constructive post mulligan please)

Call Directv and tell them you want a in house tech.It's your right as a customer to have a well trained well equipped person in your house.

Before I get contractor hate mail,There are as many bad in-house techs as there are contractors.But most people prefer not to have a smelly hobo with a ladder and a busted minivan in Their house

Call Directv and tell them you want a in house tech.It's your right as a customer to have a well trained well equipped person in your house.

Before I get contractor hate mail,There are as many bad in-house techs as there are contractors.But most people prefer not to have a smelly hobo with a ladder and a busted minivan in Their house

Who said anything about the guy being, "a smelly hobo with a ladder and a busted minivan"

You get good techs and bad techs, regardless of weather it's a contractor of D* them selves ...btw, good luck calling D* and asking for one of thier tech's to come out, especially if they are not in your area.

By the way I did a smiley on my post and it X it out. So I was just being funny back.

Honestly, sounds like the poster either got a guy that was lazy or way over booked (Gee Directv never does that). Or the poster was being a bit of a pain and got a tech not willing to deal with it. Or the poster just wanted to come in here and stir the pot.

Can I just ask a question, did you call dtv and tell them all this? We do have escalations we do for when you have issues with a tech and they do get taken seriously.

None of the contractors are like that, sorry for the bad contractors, call D* and explain the whole thing and that you are disappointment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)