Canceling DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got an email earlier this week that they have received my Directv equipment back!
Great! Reminds me of how relieved I was last September when Dish got my receiver and LNBF back. I see from your post #8 here that you have already activated several streaming services. Hope you have unlimited internet bandwidth like I do. :)

OK, I will try it here on 1.45.02 some day soon and if it doesn't work then I will try it on FireTV and Roku.
My wife signed us up for Youtube TV today and I can confirm that with version 1.45.02 of the software on my 3 year old Sony I can skip commercials on shows before they have ended. (Philo and some of the other streaming services wouldn't let me skip them until the show was over).

When I watch TV, I am in the habit of finding something in the guide and then pausing about 10-15 minutes. When I resume I can skip commercials until I catch up to live TV.

I didn't realize how much I missed the ability to skip commercials until I tried some of the other streaming services! I'll probably stick with YouTube TV for a very long time.

I didn't realize how much I missed the ability to skip commercials until I tried some of the other streaming services! I'll probably stick with YouTube TV for a very long time.
Now remember, when you use the DVR, select recordings, not VOD, that way you can also Rew/Pause/FF.

Also, on a web browser, you can rearrange the guide to put your favorite channels on top, then that guide will be on your app under custom, then you can have it default to.

edit-Just realized this was in DirecTV Forum, try to put any questions or comments about YTTV in the Cord Cutters Forum, that way it will keep people from reporting me.

Last edited:
Speaking of canceling I put my account on pause for 6 months beginning Feb., will directv start calling me with promotions to try to get me to restart my service.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Speaking of canceling I put my account on pause for 6 months beginning Feb., will directv start calling me with promotions to try to get me to restart my service.

Not usually when you are on Pause.

But if you are trying to stay and want a better ( and out of a contract), now is a good time, based on what I have been reading at reddit, lots of subscribers canceling, using ST leaving as the excuse for why,

Those at reddit have been writing that DirecTV is offering big discounts, one person writing there told the CSR he was switching to YTTV for the $65 price with free DVR and no extra TV charge, was offered $80 off, he did write he still cancelled because of ST and it was still $40 more then YTTV even after the discount.

So if you want a deal, now is the time.

• Haha
Reactions: John2021

let us know how it goes. id'e def try and see if they give you a lower rate. they didn't give us one and they didn't seem to care if we left so we told em to go pound sand. the lights go out on the 25th for our service. though if i had it my way they would have been cut off yesturday

Interesting, they had you drop it off at USPS ????
Normally its Fedex ... no boxes required, they box it all up.
Interesting last time I returned a box it was via FedEx. We just tossed it in a bag and printed out our acct info so FedEx could scan em into the system

have you tried calling DTV??? i called in this morning at 6 am told em that we canceled . and that we were going with dish since we we could get double the channels for what they were charging for there crappy select package, while stating that i told the rep about my horrible experience with em, the deals and promo's started rolling out real fast got $60.00 off my bill for a year no contract!!!

have you tried calling DTV??? i called in this morning at 6 am told em that we canceled . and that we were going with dish since we we could get double the channels for what they were charging for there crappy select package, while stating that i told the rep about my horrible experience with em, the deals and promo's started rolling out real fast got $60.00 off my bill for a year no contract!!!
You said you cancelled 4 days ago.

You also posted you cancelled due to the bad video picture.

You do not seem to keep your stories straight.

we cancelled this morning i paid the 40 smackers to leave em. we kept em for a bit to see what deals they have was never any. and they lost my first years discounts within the first year never again!!! so write that down in your calender that we cancelled!!!

I thought about going back to DTV for only the 2yr price lock and the $300..I was with them for about 20yr and after their foul up I went with dish.
To tell truth for my use there isn't much difference between them..But the $300 would be nice

AT&T tried that game when I sent back their internet equipment after I switched several months ago to Spectrum, which is far superior. They finally "researched" it and credited my account after less than a month.
Just how superior is spectrum to dtv. I beg to differ on that one.