Cancellation of installation question

Jethro

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I have decided to wait for an install, that I have already set up through voom.com, Until they come out with their DVR.

Will I be charged for a 6 month contract since I have cancelled before even receiving an installation??

Technically I never had it, So I dont see how this would be in void of the 6 month contract.

Anyone know?

Doesn't sound to me like you actually signed a contract. I don't think you'll have any problems. If Voom by some chance insists on sending someone out to install it (I can't imagine that they would, though), just refuse to sign off on the sheet that says the install was done to your satisfaction (don't sign anything else, either). Or to save time (and a pissed off installer) just tell the installer what the deal is and that you won't sign off on it, and he won't wanna waste his time. But I really doubt it'll come to that. Call Voom. They'll tell ya.

contract install

Jethro said:
I have decided to wait for an install, that I have already set up through voom.com, Until they come out with their DVR.

Will I be charged for a 6 month contract since I have cancelled before even receiving an installation??

Technically I never had it, So I dont see how this would be in void of the 6 month contract.

Anyone know?

As long as you cancel before the install you don't have anything to worry about, just make sure you give more than 24 hours notice out of respect for the installer. Even after the install you have a three day rescindsion period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)