Cancelled by user timers issue

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
The last few weeks, which I assume is the latest update bug, has been canceling timers specifically when all 3 tuners are in use. It's like it won't record the 3rd tuner, only 2 at once and then it indicates recording was cancelled by user. Anyone know if this is a new bug? I hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've had the same issue with a timer for NBC Nightly News. I noticed it didn't record one night about a week ago, looked in the daily schedule and saw it was marked "Canceled by user". Nobody was watching TV at the time, so I hoped it was a one time problem. The Hopper did record three other programs at that time, but the Nightly News timer was the highest priority timer. Next night, I checked at 6:31 to see if it was recording, nope, again recording three other lower priority shows, says "Canceled by user". Deleted the timer for Nightly News, created a new one, marked it #1 priority, next night, same thing.

Well, I noticed one of the shows it was recording at the time was a kid's show my kid never actually watches, so I canceled that timer, and lo and behold, Nightly News started recording. Worked fine for three or four nights.

Tonight, Nightly News didn't record, and it again says "Canceled by user." Nobody was home at the time, so nobody canceled it. Also, it recorded two shows, and a third was marked "Canceled due to priority".

I haven't noticed this with any other recordings, and I scrolled back through the schedule and didn't see any others marked this way. I'm starting to think my Hopper doesn't like Brian Williams.

I've had quite a few of these as well with no patterns and one that always happens on the second of back to back new Pawn Stars eps. Also getting several duplicate recordings of shows on the same night the original recording happens. These do not show up in scheduled recordings, but seem to fire up on their own. Very frustrating.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It happened to me again tonight just like it did last Monday night. A weekly timer didn't record, and when I restored the timer for the second showing, it shows up with a record icon in the guide, and on the list of programs to be recorded, but the number of timers listed for today at the top of the screen is still one less than it should be, so I assume it won't actually record again, just like last week. It's less than half an hour away now, so I'll stay up to check it and record it manually if necessary.

This type of thing has been happening to me often and it is incredibly frustrating. I'm getting tired of having incomplete series and half-assed recordings due to no fault of my own. Exactly as you said, when attempting to record back-to-back episodes or marathons which require two tuners in addition to a third event, chances are very high that something will be skipped.

For example, earlier I noticed too late that a Spartacus: Vengeance marathon which ran from 11:15 p.m. until 4:05 a.m. was not getting the fifth episode although it was scheduled and an active event. All three tuners were in use with Tuner 3 recording Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. The Spartacus: Vengeance episode showed in the Guide as a red dot indicating it was recording, and it also appeared in the Daily Schedule with a red dot. You will also find that you can't instant record it either (until the extra hassle of finding the Timer in the Daily Schedule and deleting it) (As soon as I understood what was going on when it didn't show up, I raced to my other Hopper to record what was already in progress) In fact, the episode remains as a red dot until the duration of the timer although it behaves as if you skipped it. If you were to reset the Hopper, the recording (which should have been active in the first place) will then immediately start, swhich proves it is an active recording but malfunctioning. Viewing the last greyed event in the Daily Schedule reveals: Spartacus: Vengeance Cancelled: By user Den Timer Frequency: New and Reruns Timer Started 3/25: 3:02am Recording Started: N/A Timer Stopped: 3/25 3:02am Recording Stopped: N/A.

Last edited:
One month in, and it's still happening. Twice this week, in fact.

Dish, when the hell are you going to fix this? If you can't fix it, why don't you just revert to the previous software?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)