Cancelled Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have to disagree with this post. Being back with cable has been great for me. My locals in HD, External HD on my DVR, Hell yesterday I added a second HD reciever. All I had to do was take one of my recievers and swap it for the HD reciever. NO additional charge. Can you do that with DISH?

Anyways I am so sick of posters responding to these posts with dont let the door hit you and you will be back. Ultimatly everyone has a choice about providers. As a community we should support are fellow members in their choices and offer advise on way or another, but to berate them for their choices is just unwarranted.

With that said. To the OP I support your choice, and if you chose Cable, OTA, DTV, or eventually go back to Dish I will support that choice as well.

To all the other unsupportive posters, just think of it this way, by the OP posting his reasons for dropping E* it ultimatly may help you out as he is publishing his reasons nationwide and that can draw providers attention.

Well said... I was harassed for telling my E* exit story as well. I was told not to let the door hit me on the way out.... blah blah blah. I was psychologically evaluated on here and told I needed reassurance for my decision to leave Dish, and that is why I told my story. It was a decision I couldn't make on my own apparently. These Dish fanboys sure are passionate about their service, aren't they? They get downright angry when somebody leaves.

It is true that the fanboys should be thanking us for the mass exodus from Dish. It will only set off alarm bells with E* and probably improve their service. Why do they take it to heart when they read about fellow Dish subscribers leaving?

Do they feel so emotionally overwhelmed about their Long Distance carrier or garbage pickup service? I am doubtful.

What you need is a highly directional antenna, such as a yagi type.

Bow tie type antennas are susceptible to multi-path.

Actually, even though you are very close to the towers, the deeper fringe antennas are most resistant to multi-path, consider an Antennas Direct XG-91, if you get a stable signal on it you can always attenuate it or run it through 100ft of RG-59.

This means you will no longer have:

1) The best DSS receivers available with features such as external DVR storage, home connection and great graphics.
2) VOOM HD channels.
3) Access to superstations.
4) Plus much more.

Tip: Buy an OTA antenna and plug into the back of your Dish receiver to gain access to your local FOX channel until Dish can provide it.

1. Don't think so. They have a great DVR but thats about it. As far as graphics goes I suppose thats a matter of opinion. Personally they are plain to me. I don't like them.

2. Oh yes those channels that now show the same 2 programs over and over and over again. Gotta love that Variety. I don't miss the Voom channels at all.

3. Not really important to everyone. Its not important to me at all.

4. Oh yes, much much more. Down rezzed HD that looks like crap now, StarzHD with a soft picture and best of all no new HD channels. Gotta love the "Plus much more"

Regardless I would recommend to anyone to get an OTA antenna for their locals. The PQ will be better than anything D* or E* can put out.

Well said... I was harassed for telling my E* exit story as well. I was told not to let the door hit me on the way out.... blah blah blah. I was psychologically evaluated on here and told I needed reassurance for my decision to leave Dish, and that is why I told my story. It was a decision I couldn't make on my own apparently. These Dish fanboys sure are passionate about their service, aren't they? They get downright angry when somebody leaves.

It is true that the fanboys should be thanking us for the mass exodus from Dish. It will only set off alarm bells with E* and probably improve their service. Why do they take it to heart when they read about fellow Dish subscribers leaving?

Do they feel so emotionally overwhelmed about their Long Distance carrier or garbage pickup service? I am doubtful.

Sadly thats what a fanboy is. It's like you hurt their child or something. Seriously its a sat. provider. Who cares who leaves and stays. Everyone has a choice and needs to do whats best for them. Why should they stay with E* if its not convinient for them. This whole sch peel about how E* has the best equipment and Voom and all this is stupid. That may apply to you, but not to everyone. Yes, some people care about Voom other care about sports and some, yes there are some who care about NEITHER!

Personally I left E* because their PQ on HD has gone downhill and D* is giving me a better image. I go to whomever gives me the best PQ and is available in my area. If E* wants me back then give me an amazing PQ like D* is doing right now. I am excluding locals in this as both providers locals in HD are crap and I will always stick to my OTA feed.

But hey, just be glad you didn't post it on the other sat. forum those guys have some real fanboys. They would have driven to your home to beat you for such comments.

Switched toilet paper this weekend and MAN!!! am I glad I finally made the switch! I can't believe I waited so long! The texture is a lot smoother and is really easy on me too. I finally got sick of the cheap paper fanbois tellin' me it was all in my head or it was the roller or how I had it wadded up. Look, two ply IS better no matter what you think. Oh well... I've said it and anyone who wants to condemn me for it is just an idiot. I can post how I feel just like they can.

:rolleyes:

;)

:D

You'll be back to the original TP...Trust Me!!! The other brand is just not "skid-proof".

EDIT: Oh Yeah...don't let the roll hit ya in the butt!!!:D:D:D

I can't switch back!!!

They put some kind of lotion on the expensive two-ply and now everything else is like sandpaper!

I'm trapped!

Frankly i dont see what all the talk is about. I have had both services right now im with D. I had E for 2 years. But i like D better i could care less who has the best Dvr as long as it records what i want it to record that good for me. In the End they all will have the same content and same pricing so it is just what the user prefers. After all it is just Tv not like its a life altering decision as which is the best lol.

This means you will no longer have:

1) The best DSS receivers available with features such as external DVR storage, home connection and great graphics.
2) VOOM HD channels.
3) Access to superstations.
4) Plus much more.

Tip: Buy an OTA antenna and plug into the back of your Dish receiver to gain access to your local FOX channel until Dish can provide it.

Dude (?),

How long have you been working for *E ?

Update on Dish offers since I left. Have been gone five weeks, Dish has called twice to get me back. The last offer for the same service I had previously plus a second HD receiver for 25% of my former cost for one year on a two year commitment. Pretty good price, considering the 622 has been returned and the dish completely removed from the roof.

I'm perplexed by this best DVR scenario. As a 10 year Dish customer (still am) and a new Direct customer, YES, the 622 is a better receiver then the Direct, but not by that much and surely I'm more into programming then the receiver.

Direct has external drive, I have a 1TB drive hooked to mine which I believe is bigger then Dish which I have a 500gb on. It replaces the internal drive at this time so it's a little different.

However, I'm getting a ton more great HD Channels so I will put up with the deficit in the DVR as it doesn't outweigh the additional HD I'm getting.

Well, to be fair to the OP, I actually find some of these posts useful. It's helpful to hear experiences people go through in switching.

I am definitely considering switching if they don't have SciFi in HD before the start of the final season. Its my favorite show on TV and I'd hate to miss out on a better picture.

I see you're still verklempt.... :river

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts