Cancelled Platinum HD

To each their own, of course, but I find it a nice package for $10. HDNet has some decent HD shows that you don't see anywhere else. Their movie channel is decent, and their once-a-month premiere of a new theater release is kind of fun.

MGM and Universal have some nice older flicks too.

What would really make Platinum great is if they added IFC. I'm frustrated that to get it I have to get the largest package.

HDNet has some decent HD shows that you don't see anywhere else. Their movie channel is decent, and their once-a-month premiere of a new theater release is kind of fun.

Just to clarify: HDNet (not Movies) is in the basic HD package. If I remember rightly, it's pretty much a non-negotiable part of the contract in fact.

Wow! Glad I saw this thread. I never really thought about the 8 channels in this package. I watch none of them. Just called and canceled, to save the $10 a month.

Just to clarify: HDNet (not Movies) is in the basic HD package. If I remember rightly, it's pretty much a non-negotiable part of the contract in fact.

'doh! You are right! Looks like HDNetMovies is the only one in the Platinum package. Hmm...that is looking a lot less interesting as a package now...

Maybe one of you programming experts can give me some advice?

I've got Classic Silver w/locals for $52.99/month.
SilverHD (can't find any information about this on DN website) $10/month.
PlatinumHD $10/month.

I see the crappy channels for PlatinumHD, will call to cancel tomorrow. I can't figure out anything about SilverHD. Anybody know what channels I'm getting with that? Is that where my HD channels are coming from? How come DN doesn't have any information on their site? Is it an older package?

Any advice to get me the most HD for the cheapest price?

Thanks fellas,
George

Maybe one of you programming experts can give me some advice?

I've got Classic Silver w/locals for $52.99/month.
SilverHD (can't find any information about this on DN website) $10/month.
PlatinumHD $10/month.

I see the crappy channels for PlatinumHD, will call to cancel tomorrow. I can't figure out anything about SilverHD. Anybody know what channels I'm getting with that? Is that where my HD channels are coming from? How come DN doesn't have any information on their site? Is it an older package?

Any advice to get me the most HD for the cheapest price?

Thanks fellas,
George

"Classic Silver" is all the standard def channels.
"Silver HD" is the available HD counterparts to the "silver" SD channels + HD Net + Discovery Theatre + HD local channels where available and if subscribed to local channels (in lieu of an HD activation fee of $7/mo without HD Silver)

See ya
Tony

This must be the thing to do...
I called and cancelled the platinum as well. Also dropped the multi sport package.
I did this bfore I even noticed this thread. :)

Never mind i got it. I just call dish and canceled it i never watch this channels

HD Net Movies
NBA TV
Smithsonian HD
World Fishing Network
MGM HD
NHL Network
Universal HD

Never mind i got it. I just call dish and canceled it i never watch this channels

HD Net Movies
NBA TV
Smithsonian HD <<<<<<<< NOT IN THE PACKAGE ANY MORE... DISH PULLED THE CHANNEL IMMEDIATELY AFTER ADDING CI TO THE PACKAGE
World Fishing Network
MGM HD
NHL Network
Universal HD

The loss of Smithsonian in the package was the last straw for me! The addition of "Crime & Investigation HD" with it's A&E brand of stretch-o-vision to replace Smithsonian was a slap to the face!

BTW
NBA TV is available in SD as a part of AEP.
NHL Network is available in SD as part of AT150 (Classic Gold)

Just cut my E* bill from $95.00 to $35.00 a month by dropping the Platinum HD package and dropped my regular programming down to the "Family Package." One reason for the switch is the pathetic performance of our local NHL team--Colorado Avalanche.

Kept the HD DVR receiver, so I did have to pay $5.00 a month for that. This way I can still watch some HD channels on my HD TV. I do have an OTA to get the local channels in HD.

My wife would not part with the DVR.

I will find other uses for that $60.00 a month.

Brad:D

My promotional period just ended and so I also cancelled the HBO/Starz and Multisports Promotion as well as Platinum HD. I'd rather have a NetFlix or Blockbuster subscription and get the movies I want when I want them.

I had got it free for 3 months, once that special was over I canceled it as well.

I get NHL Network and NBA TV as part of my Center Ice/League Pass packages so I am not missing out on those.

NHL was the only reason I was considering platinum. They give you those games on center ice as well in HD?? I know on my comcast, it blacks out the NHL network games on center ice. If this is the case, no need for me to get the platinum.

Black-out rules apply on NHL network. It is not related as to whether it's on CI, it's based on whether it is being broadcast in you area on an RSN or local TV.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts