Cancelling Directv questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello, I am in the EXACT same spot, my credits ran out this month but I have 1 year left on my contract. I have NO intention of leaving Directv, so I called up Directv and I said "cancel" and I got a wonderful lady in retentions. I simply told her that I absolutely LOVE Directv but my bill felt a little bit high, I didn't want to be a bother but I wondered if she could help me out at all. She immedialtely said, sure I can take $10.00 off per month for a year and give you a free gift of showtime for 3 months. I said that is very nice of you, but I don't want the 3 month showtime trial, she said it is NOT a trial it will show up on your account as a "gift" and just falls off after 3 months. I said, well in that case thank you so much for the discount and the free gift you have been wonderful, and that was that. So that is how I handled mine, even if she had said no I can't do anything I wasn't going anywhere anyhow so I had NOTHING to lose :)
I've been there as well, not lately, but whenever I call and talk with Retention I always point out right up front that I have the service and enjoy it and am going no where, just so they don't go into thier He's Cancelling mode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts