Cancelling Dish/DHP

CygnusTM

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
My DHP contract is now up, and I have no confidence that E* will deliver a two-tuner PVR as good as a Tivo anytime soon. So I've decided to switch to DirecTV. How will cancellation work? Will Dish come get the equipment, or will they send RMA labels for me to send it back? I've got boxes for the receivers, but the installer didn't leave a box for the dish and LNB so I don't know how I could ship that. The dish is currently attached to my roof with lag screws and caulk. I'm not fond of the idea of removing it. Is there a chance they will only want the dish and LNB and not the mount? I'd appreciate any other tips for cancelling also.

They will ship you empty boxes, which you will place the receivers, remotes. and just the lnb off the dish, and then ship that stuff back.

I prefer Directv to DISH but you have benefits with the DHP you might want to consider before jumping ship. The SERVICE contract on DHP gets you FREE service replacement of remotes,realignment of dish, free shipping to replace damaged receivers, this costs $7.99/Mo. on Directv. before you jump call DISH Networks retention dept and see how much they want you as a customer?

Yeah and in the future Dish will be far ahead of Direct in the HD market and in MPEG!

boba said:
before you jump call DISH Networks retention dept and see how much they want you as a customer?
The only way they would have a chance to keep me is if they'd upgrade me to a 522. Is there any chance of that?

CygnusTM said:
The only way they would have a chance to keep me is if they'd upgrade me to a 522. Is there any chance of that?
There is a chance, yes. As far as when that option will be available, I don't know but I have been told it is coming.

Yeah, they whole inability to switch or drop leased receivers is crazy. Usually, as is with cable, when you lease something you have the ability to upgrade or downgrade receivers at anytime.

Well I dont know about years! Im just going by whats going on now and allot of the wireless industry is moveing this way. So its you keep up or get left behind.

Poke said:
Well I dont know about years! Im just going by whats going on now and allot of the wireless industry is moveing this way. So its you keep up or get left behind.

Wait.. i missed something... what?

The email to ceo@dishnetwork.com worked. I got a call from "the chairman's office" and, after some pleading, they're getting me a 522. I'll be set up like a new DHA customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)