cancelling dish network

Chris1523

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hi, I was thinking of maybe switching from dish to directv. I am still under contract with Dish. If I cancel, will I have to pay the termination fee immediately, or can I pay it at another time.

Thank you for your help

Immediately and then they have to send return boxes to you so the receivers can go back. Make sure you keep a copy of the tracking number.

Cancellation fee

I was also wondering if anyone knows what the fee is to cancel.

Thank you

13.33 per remaining months on the 18 month contract, and I think $10 per month on the new 24 month contract. Plus if you were installed by a retailer they may have their own fees.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I think it might be somewhere between $13 and $13.33 per month left. I can't remember where I read it before, but I'm sure it wasn't to long ago! :D ;)

OMG You think, you will get better service with Direct? First of all, do they offer free devices? With HD, HELL NO. And, really... you are going from one satellite company to another. To me, that makes no sense. If you were to change from Dish/direct to something like Fios TV, I could see it. THINK PEOPLE

LOl cancelling is quite easy, i had a nice record on cancelling customers in less than 2 minutes when they would call to cancel lol

cancellation fee is 13.33 per month for the remaining months.

its not that bad considering you pay more if you stay with them than to cancel. Only do it if you are sure. Make sure you cancel BEFORE you get directv, by that I mean do a future disco,. They can do it 30 days in advance and no more. That way if you change your mind, you wont have to go crawling back lol

research research research!

also the winback department may give u something nice depending on your pay history and non pay disco history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts