Cancelling DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I first got DIsh - 8-9 years ago, I wanted the dish on a tower, which sits behind my barn and cable run across the yard to the house, which I would bury after the install. At the time, my father in law was staying with us, I wasn't home and fil authorized the install on my house chimney, as the installer was adament that he would not put the dish on the tower. It lasted about a month and fell down. Not totally, but was hanging by one anchor. Not a good start. I called Dish, really raised cain and they were contrite, and sent out someone to repair it. Yep, you guessed it, same rough talking, inbred-like fellow who did it a month before. I politely told him to never mind, stay off my roof, I would take care of it myself. I did, and have had no problem since. Dish never did contact me again about the problem, or how it was fixed.

Thank you for asking this question, and all the helpful answers. I too am cancelling Dish (at least a 15year subscriber if not more) It is good to know that they won't require the LNB back. I'm not sure if Direct TV will take it down for me. Yes I am switching to the "other guys" due to the AMC craziness. Maybe I should have waited to see how it all played out. . I actually wouldn't have minded paying a couple extra bucks to Dish to offset the cost. I'm sure they don't want to be strong armed by broadcasters, but as Charlie said in an article somwehere (I saw the quote online) Dish subscibers can get AMC through other outlets (he was referring to Netflix I believe) I don't subscribe to Netflix, but I can subscribe to another provider. It really wasn't an easy decision. I'm also really going to miss the Greatful Dead channel!!! :) I was a staunch supporter of DISH and recommended it to so many people. This is a tough parting. But thanks Dish to so many good years. I really am going to miss you.

Really if you wait till the season is up on Mad Men and Walking Dead, and sub to Netflix for $8.00 a month , you can see these series and others in hd . I plan to do this even if DISH drops AMC. I would not switch to Directv, unless you want more sports and you are prepared to pay more for it monthly. Not at first with their discounts for new subs, but you will eventually pay more for their programming packs by around $10.00 more a month. Which is about $2.00 more a month than Netflix and you don't get access to any streaming movies or tv that comes with Netflix. Unless you are just trying to see what you are missing at Directv. I can tell you from personal experience , the grass is Not always greener at the other sat company.;)

Many people could get by with just the Welcome pack +Netflix and a little Hula . Save a lot of money a month if you can do that. I still haven't decided weather to cut the cord or shave it yet. But if prices keep going up ever couple of years by $3.00 - $5.00 , I might have to do it.

I don't know why Dish says they want the remotes back. You don't lease the remotes. As far as Dish knows you had purchased those remotes.

Since when is it not allowed? And why make this comment?

Note that I said, "I believe." I'm not sure but I think I've seen posts by installers saying they weren't allowed to do chimney mounts, or only as a last resort (& how could that be, with pole and eave mounts?).

As to the drawbacks of chimney mounts, for the chimney, you can Google that easily.

I have a question about cancelling Dishnetwork.My receiver somehow has lost the little access door ,It was never able to stay on.Anyway all else on receiver is in good condition.Will Dish try and charge me for this if I cancell service.The reason I need to cancel is that Dish has become too expensive and in order to watch the few channels I like I have to pay for the highest package.(My case I like Bio channel)only available in higher package(Dish america gold doesnt cut it,too many channels you lose)Dish family offers Bio but not in HD.Any advice to avoid cancelling.Discounts,things to ask for ..

I just had DTV installed yesterday after canceling Dish. They asked me when I called if I could reach the dish without a ladder. It's on my roof so I can't get it without a ladder so they told me don't worry about it. All they want me to return is the receivers and remotes.

The DTV installer took down the Dish without asking (which I was ok with). When I went out to check the work the dish network dish was on the ground my my garbage cans.

GaryPen said:
So, what's with the "we" stuff, then?

I think he meant we as the dish network customers. I thought it was kind of nice. I find a lot of hostility in here at times, so for me it was refreshing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)