Cancelling DISH

I think he meant we as the dish network customers. I thought it was kind of nice. I find a lot of hostility in here at times, so for me it was refreshing.
I find it kinda weird. We, as customers, have nothing to do with welcoming him back to Dish.

I do wish him luck with whichever carrier he chooses, though. And, if he ends up coming back to Dish because they are the best choice for his needs, that's great, too.

But, the only "we" at Dish, are the employees thereof.

I find it kinda weird. We, as customers, have nothing to do with welcoming him back to Dish.

I do wish him luck with whichever carrier he chooses, though. And, if he ends up coming back to Dish because they are the best choice for his needs, that's great, too.

But, the only "we" at Dish, are the employees thereof.

Gary Pen:

No disrespect intended,but I can see that bothers you."We will keep the light on for you" is from an old Motel 6 commercial.I like to use it every now and then.Hope this explanation will put your mind at ease.:)

Really if you wait till the season is up on Mad Men and Walking Dead, and sub to Netflix for $8.00 a month , you can see these series and others in hd . I plan to do this even if DISH drops AMC. I would not switch to Directv, unless you want more sports and you are prepared to pay more for it monthly.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately don't you need something like an XBOX or gaming system like that to watch Netflix on a tv? Wish I had one, but I don't :( I know I could stream through my computer, but it's on DSL and has a hard time with just YouTube videos sometimes. I did try and watch LOST on ABC.com a couple times and it was quite "trying". :) I Won't mind the extra sports channels, I like baseball and football, so it will be interesting to see a lot of teams I don't really get to see right now. But I'm sure the novelty of that might wear off. Someone else mentioned why do we have to return the remotes. That got me to thinking I PAID for my remote when I lost my other one, I wonder if I return it if they will give me my money back :) Haven't called to cancel it, even though I do have the appt for Direct TV all set up.
Once again thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

DISH installed a 1000+ with straps to the chimney, no support legs...that was in 2006 and it's still rock solid, no problems.

Count your blessings. It doesn't work that way for everyone.

And Annie61: The PS3 and several Blu-ray players can do Netflix as well.

The chimneys on my house are easily 125 years old. The main one has been repointed and deemed solid by the chimney sweep. However given its age and our unpredictable and harsh New England weather I would not want a dish or antenna mounted to it. So regardless of what Dish's policy is I wouldn't allow a chimney mount on mine.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

Really if you wait till the season is up on Mad Men and Walking Dead, and sub to Netflix for $8.00 a month , you can see these series and others in hd . I plan to do this even if DISH drops AMC. I would not switch to Directv, unless you want more sports and you are prepared to pay more for it monthly.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately don't you need something like an XBOX or gaming system like that to watch Netflix on a tv? Wish I had one, but I don't :( I know I could stream through my computer, but it's on DSL and has a hard time with just YouTube videos sometimes. I did try and watch LOST on ABC.com a couple times and it was quite "trying". :) I Won't mind the extra sports channels, I like baseball and football, so it will be interesting to see a lot of teams I don't really get to see right now. But I'm sure the novelty of that might wear off. Someone else mentioned why do we have to return the remotes. That got me to thinking I PAID for my remote when I lost my other one, I wonder if I return it if they will give me my money back :) Haven't called to cancel it, even though I do have the appt for Direct TV all set up.
Once again thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

I use a google revue unit I got from Amazon.com . I paid $79.00 and it gets Netflix as well as some other apps. You can also get a Blu ray player with Netflix and other apps right in the box itself. Toshiba has a 3-D blu ray player with all the apps for around $79.00 as well. All you need is to be able hook up the ethernet to it or use wireless and a subscription to Netflix for $8.00 a month and you would be all set.

If one does Netflix and Hulu for a total of $16, they can do some serious cord-shaving.

If only HBO would offer HBO GO as a standalone subscription, life would be good.

Would love it if HBO would be offered as stand alone subscription. Some of the best shows come off of HBO and the movies are just extra gravy on top.

I'm on the fence on cancelling as well. For instance if I were to get a Netflix sub, how long does it take for Breaking Bad and/or The Walking Dead episodes? Do you have to wait until it comes on DVD? I have no reasonable way to watch Amazon downloaded episodes. I have an iPad so I could through the iPad and the HDMI kit, but that's as big of a hassle as hooking my laptop up since I am wall mounted with everything hidden in the basement.

I'm on the fence on cancelling as well. For instance if I were to get a Netflix sub, how long does it take for Breaking Bad and/or The Walking Dead episodes? Do you have to wait until it comes on DVD? I have no reasonable way to watch Amazon downloaded episodes. I have an iPad so I could through the iPad and the HDMI kit, but that's as big of a hassle as hooking my laptop up since I am wall mounted with everything hidden in the basement.
Netflix generally gets shows/movies when they become available on DVD and often later than that.

So, for many people, viewing their favorite shows via Netflix is not an option, unless it's to catch up on a series you never previously watched before starting with the current season on TV.

Hulu Plus has current shows, usually available the day after airing, plus the entire library of prior episodes.They also have quite a few movies. But, in addition to the monthly fee, the TV shows have advertisements which cannot be skipped. Also, not all networks provide their shows to Hulu. Broadcast nets are well-represented, though. Also, Rupert Murdoch's British channels have a lot of programming on Hulu. But, since Fox/News Corp is a primary owner of Hulu, that's not surprising. (If you prefer the better British fare of BBC, Netflix is the one for that.)

Would love it if HBO would be offered as stand alone subscription. Some of the best shows come off of HBO and the movies are just extra gravy on top.
A standalone version of HBOGO would basically be announcing the end of pay-tv as we know it. Unless something radical happens, this is years away.

I had to clmb the roof and get the LNB off the dish. It is not as easy as they make you believe sometimes the LNB device gets stuck in the dish and needed a lot of persuasion to get it loose.

Doesn't the roku do both hulu and netflix?The wdtv live plus does netflix and I think Huluplus.I know the wdtv live hub does both as well as vudu and several others.The roku is still the cheaper option.

What dsl speed do you have Annie61?We have 6Mb down here and netflix,hulu,hbogo,dish sling all work pretty well.

Doesn't the roku do both hulu and netflix?The wdtv live plus does netflix and I think Huluplus.I know the wdtv live hub does both as well as vudu and several others.The roku is still the cheaper option.What dsl speed do you have Annie61?We have 6Mb down here and netflix,hulu,hbogo,dish sling all work pretty well.
Roku has all the major (and minor) players except for Vudu and NFL Sunday Ticket (will NFLST still be offered on the PS3 this year?). When I had 6/1 internet, everything but Vudu HDX ran fine. I now have 15/2 internet and even Vudu HDX looks great.

Maybe I missed it, but what about a Roku? Or a Boxee, they both have Amazon Instant, and HBO-GO and Netflix?

A standalone version of HBOGO would basically be announcing the end of pay-tv as we know it. Unless something radical happens, this is years away.
You're right sir. Who would pay for the suite of HBO channels if you could get the entire service on HBO Go? But I can still dream about it .

MikeD-C05 said:
You're right sir. Who would pay for the suite of HBO channels if you could get the entire service on HBO Go? But I can still dream about it .

Split the cost of HBO with a friend/relative, share login info and then both of you can share the hbogo service......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)