Cancelling Service

freebird581bd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Getting D* TV next Wednesday and was wondering if I could just call dish today and tell them to cancel on that day, or do I have to call that day? Or are they gonna make it run through the end of the cycle before they terminate it. Thanks in advance.

You should be able to cancel when ever you want. You should see the adjustments on your bill I would think. Make sure you get the equipment sent back to them unless it is purchased.

I'm curious as to why you are switching?

Getting D* TV next Wednesday and was wondering if I could just call dish today and tell them to cancel on that day, or do I have to call that day? Or are they gonna make it run through the end of the cycle before they terminate it. Thanks in advance.

Always best to have new service installed first. That way you can make certain installation is a success. After that has happened is the time to make the call official.

You should be able to cancel when ever you want. You should see the adjustments on your bill I would think. Make sure you get the equipment sent back to them unless it is purchased.

I'm curious as to why you are switching?

The Main reason for switching was to save myself some money for the next 2 years with D*TV promotions. My bill will only be 47 bucks for the first year vs 85 for comparable channel line up. The second year it will be around 65 or so with the fees and such.

Never really had a problem with dish until I moved the first of May..(had them for 8 years) but they didn't do themselves and favors during that time. They charged me for 2 visits in which one was the moving visit that was supposed to be free. Was supposed to get DVR box for bedroom and they didn't get that right...and wanted to charge to get the DVR box to me. Just a whole bunch of problems all at one time. I tried to get it worked out but they just never seemed to work with me. All they ever wanted to do was offer me cinemax free for 3months...I had this offered on 3 different occasions which was pretty much a slap in the face to me. I finally just reached that boiling point you know, after trying to be patient for 2 months with them!!!!

You absolutely MUST find out if you're going to get socked with an Early Termination Fee by DISH Network. If you moved in May and upgraded any equipment, you are likely under a 12 month commitment extension to May 2012.

I think the current DISH Network ETF is around $20.00 per month remaining on a DISH'n It Up deal ($17.50/month for a new installation ETF).

The Main reason for switching was to save myself some money for the next 2 years with D*TV promotions. My bill will only be 47 bucks for the first year vs 85 for comparable channel line up. The second year it will be around 65 or so with the fees and such.

Never really had a problem with dish until I moved the first of May..(had them for 8 years) but they didn't do themselves and favors during that time. They charged me for 2 visits in which one was the moving visit that was supposed to be free. Was supposed to get DVR box for bedroom and they didn't get that right...and wanted to charge to get the DVR box to me. Just a whole bunch of problems all at one time. I tried to get it worked out but they just never seemed to work with me. All they ever wanted to do was offer me cinemax free for 3months...I had this offered on 3 different occasions which was pretty much a slap in the face to me. I finally just reached that boiling point you know, after trying to be patient for 2 months with them!!!!
I am sorry that you had all these issue with Dish Network I would have been happy to try to resolve them for you. Since you have already switched you may want to be sure that your account is not currently under a commitment as it does sound like you have upgraded equipment with your last move or shortly there after. Dish'n It Up promotions normally include a 24 month commitment & a cancellation fee of $10.00 a month for each month remaining. Please just PM me and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts