Cancelling Spectrum Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimc999

Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
NC
Spectrum internet is 65.00 a month. If I cancel, how long do I have to wait before I can sign up again and get the new customer price of 39.00 for 12 months?

Spectrum internet is 65.00 a month. If I cancel, how long do I have to wait before I can sign up again and get the new customer price of 39.00 for 12 months?

With their cable tv, you must be disconnected for a minimum of 1 full month. I'd assume it's the same with internet.

After that month ends, they will be calling you on your phone that's listed with them at least 3 times a day up to 9pm local, 6 days a week with new offers. They will not leave messages, and they will not stop if you never pick up. They will rotate between multiple Charter phone numbers in the hope you won't have one of them on caller id, and will be tricked into picking up. The longer you wait to bite, the better the offers get.

Reactions: old corps
With their cable tv, you must be disconnected for a minimum of 1 full month. I'd assume it's the same with internet.

After that month ends, they will be calling you on your phone that's listed with them at least 3 times a day up to 9pm local, 6 days a week with new offers. They will not leave messages, and they will not stop if you never pick up. They will rotate between multiple Charter phone numbers in the hope you won't have one of them on caller id, and will be tricked into picking up. The longer you wait to bite, the better the offers get.

And you will get several USPS mailings per week.

I guess it's a game they play. I wonder what your chances would be if you called in to cancel and told them, "look, I know that in one month you'll be calling and mailing me with better offers, let's just cut all of that out and give me a discount, okay?"

Reactions: old corps
Cox keeps mailing me to come back to them for Internet. They know I’m in a FiOS area, and that’s who I left them for.

Do they REALLY think ANYBODY is going to leave FiOS for Cox Cable?

I have an unlimited 20.00 a month mobley hotspot I could use for a while. I get about 30 megs download speed with it.

I play the game all the time, not just for internet, but I disconnect for a month and then get a triple play for 120....it works the best for the wife and kids needs.

I canceled Spectrum internet today. They tried to get me to bundle but wouldn't budge on the 65.00 price. I'll use my 20.00 unlimited mobley plan for now.

i signed up for verizons 5G home broadband internet this morning. i called them and asked them what they were planning to do for customers that are planning on cutting the cord and going to verizons 5G internets. low and behold they would not budge on pricing hell hell i could not even get 2 seconds of HBO out of them. they didn't care that i would be canceling out everything!!!

i signed up for verizons 5G home broadband internet this morning. i called them and asked them what they were planning to do for customers that are planning on cutting the cord and going to verizons 5G internets. low and behold they would not budge on pricing hell hell i could not even get 2 seconds of HBO out of them. they didn't care that i would be canceling out everything!!!

Your mistake was calling. If you go into the local Charter/Spectrum office however, they'll usually deal. It's hard to turn you down when you are standing there face to face.

Your mistake was calling. If you go into the local Charter/Spectrum office however, they'll usually deal. It's hard to turn you down when you are standing there face to face.
thanks for the heads up i'll have to try that!!! the seat warmers over the phone don't care hell it took me two months to get a tuning adapter and i still have the wrong one slaps forehead lol

one guy was nice and admitted that they could not even come close to verizons deal on there 5G home internet as i will be getting the first 3 months free then after it's 50.00 since i pay for verizon.

We have a grandfathered "Senior Access" (Hmmm, that seems appropriate) unlimited 30 Mbps plan at our NY cottage with Spectrum that was carried over from TWC. At $15/mo, I'm hoping it will hold up through whatever changes are coming with the NY PSC telling Spectrum to get out of the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)