Cancelling VOOM - What Should I Get Now??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
After 7-months of shaky buggy pictures, 4 service calls, 3 no shows, and now, I will be without VOOM for a week because local techs are either no shows or too backed up. Tech on the phone told me that they all know that VOOM has serious problems, that they just put up the systems and that's that. They said there's been huge numbers of complaints. Hey, I gave VOOM a chance but after 7-months, they STILL have dropped the baton. Enough said.

That leaves me with Directv or DISH. I'll go to each DB but has anyone know anything positive about DirectvHD? I don't need to know about DISH-HD as I had it for almost 2-years before VOOM - I cancelled that because of horrible lack of HD programming.

Thanks

Voom hardware isn't perfect, but it works as advertised when properly installed. I'm sure the number of complaints directed toward your installer is directly attributed to their inability to correctly install the equipment.

Anyway, you may wish to check-out cable in your area. I got an excellent 6 month "HD DVR Promo" for Cable. I scaled back to basic VOOM and I am only paying $8 a month more for our entertainment expense ($7.95 HD DVR, DVR fee waived for 6 mo, free Showtime/Starz for 12 mo, 13 HD channels (4 locals)). I hate Cable, but the HD DVR deal was too sweet to pass - I will keep it until VOOM comes out with their DVR/Whole House Networking solution.

riffjim4069 said:
Voom hardware isn't perfect, but it works as advertised when properly installed. I'm sure the number of complaints directed toward your installer is directly attributed to their inability to correctly install the equipment.

Anyway, you may wish to check-out cable in your area. I got an excellent 6 month "HD DVR Promo" for Cable. I scaled back to basic VOOM and I am only paying $8 a month more for our entertainment expense ($7.95 HD DVR, DVR fee waived for 6 mo, free Showtime/Starz for 12 mo, 13 HD channels (4 locals)). I hate Cable, but the HD DVR deal was too sweet to pass - I will keep it until VOOM comes out with their DVR/Whole House Networking solution.

It was actually installed fine, it's the receiver that keeps blacking out and finally, no signal at all. No HD cable in my area for at least 2-years. No OTA HD. Looks like I'll go with Directv, they have some good deals right now. I loved VOOM programming, when it works.

Boondockbill said:
It was actually installed fine, it's the receiver that keeps blacking out and finally, no signal at all. No HD cable in my area for at least 2-years. No OTA HD. Looks like I'll go with Directv, they have some good deals right now. I loved VOOM programming, when it works.
How many replacement receivers did you go through? I'm on my first and only and it was working great until the release 70b.

I have Directv HD and will say that their HD receiver has been rock solid for me. I had Voom too. More like Doom.

riffjim4069 said:
How many replacement receivers did you go through? I'm on my first and only and it was working great until the release 70b.

I'm still on my first receiver. They will not replace it. The techs just scratch their heads at the situation and tell me it's too bad. VOOM does nothing but giver me charming phone calls thru the week but not doing anything about it. I feel they might have a scam going on.

I am watching the ALCS on my HD Tivo now, it looks great and I am a big proponent of DirecTV over Dish. In all honesty you need to look at what your programming needs are, if sports it where it is at for you than D* is a no brainer ... otherwise they are pretty close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)