Cancelling

mule401

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
I am thinking of going to Direct Tv and I have a question. About 1 year ago I upgraded to HD and i asked 3 different CSR's (2 on the phone and 1 on chat) if i had a commitment and was told no 3 times. I went to the place I had install HD and they said 2 year commitment. I said really call Dish and see what they say. They called and Dish said no commitment. My question is this when I go to cancel what are the chances of me getting charged the early cancel fee? Thanks for any input.

As long as you didn't sign a two year agreement then your good. If Dish tries to hold you to a two year commitment tell them you want to see the commitmet you signed. If they don't you can take them to court if they still want to charge you. I'm sure if you mention that your going to take them to court over the charges, they will think twice. Lol

My daughter was here when they upgraded and the paper she signed was the Dishin up paper but I can't fin it right at the moment.

If it's a Dishnitup paper she signed then that is a 2 year agreement. Be sure it was the DIU paper and not just a service agreement paper.

Edit: Also, the 3 CSR's you spoke w/ before you upgraded were probably 100% correct, you were under no contract. When you upgraded you then put yourself into a 2 year agreement for the free or discounted equipment and installation.

If my reasoning is spot on then you're stuck.

Maybe that is why they told me don't let the door hit you in the a__ last night when I called and asked about cancelling after 10 years with Dish.

Haysoos said:
If it's a Dishnitup paper she signed then that is a 2 year agreement. Be sure it was the DIU paper and not just a service agreement paper.

Edit: Also, the 3 CSR's you spoke w/ before you upgraded were probably 100% correct, you were under no contract. When you upgraded you then put yourself into a 2 year agreement for the free or discounted equipment and installation.

If my reasoning is spot on then you're stuck.

Yeah, the dish n it up paper is the 24 month contract. The only way out is to pay the cancelation fee of every month you did not honor.

Just got off an online chat and told her I did the Dishin up promotion and she said they have no record of it and I would not have to pay anything. I am still leery of this because with my luck when I cancel they will suddenly find it.

Keep a copy of all chats. I'll be leaving next month after 12 years to xfinity once the conversion is finalized. How they got top customer satisfaction I'll never know. Their attitude has been horrible everytime I've called.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts