Cannot access Satellite 110 - Request for help

loganterrys

Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
United States
I am in central Oklahoma using a DP311 receiver, Dish 500, with a DPP twin LNB while working on oil well drilling sites. While trying to access satellite 110 for local stations while on a site in SE Oklahoma, I messed something up. My receiver is now searching for satellites 129 & 119 instead of 110 and 119 as it is supposed to, and I cannot see a way to change satellite 129 back to satellite 110. If I manually try to point the dish for satellite 110, I can get no results or signal strength at all. I have not tried resetting to factory defaults as I am afraid I will screw something else up. Does anyone have any suggestions RE how to get my receiver to look for satellite 110 again?

I'm confused. The receiver is LOOKING for 129 & 119, or 129 & 119 is what's coming up (and showing 'wrong sat')? If the latter, you need to move the dish to the left (east).

Go in and perform a switch check with no coax attached, this will clear the switch matrix. You or the receiver has performed a switch check with the dish aimed to low. Raise the dish just a bit and move back to the east 9 degrees.

Thanks SO much... you were exactly right RE what was wrong, how it happened, and how to fix it... FINALLY back in business... your help was much appreciated :)

Glad that you got it working...and as always glad to help. :)