Cannot drop package via MyDish

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I am looking to streamline by Dish package a bit. On MyDish I was able to get rid of the Dish Movie Pack and save $10 a month (my wife and I barely watch it).

I was also going to drop Multi-Sport, or at least try to drop it and see if I am offered a deal to keep it. However since this weekend (5 days now) every time I go the to Add On Packages --> Sports page (https://my.dish.com/upgrades/sports) Multi-Sport shows an error "We are unable to retrieve the package details. Please try again" - and the Add button is not selectable. Just wondering if anybody else has this issue, and if I have to call customer service (ugh) to drop the package or see if there is an offer on it. Thanks.

Attachments

• dish.png
    dish.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 136
I was also going to drop Multi-Sport, or at least try to drop it and see if I am offered a deal to keep it
I tried to do the same thing and got the same message. In past years I always got a deal, all I really want is Redzone. I get pretty much all of the other channels already.

You can no longer add and remove packages simultaneously on one screen.
I'm thinking that's a "feature". I can't remember what packages everyone was so eager to switch anymore, but long ago it was popular to add and remove something simultaneously so as to avoid the fee for dropping a package.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, they have really, REALLY, screwed up the UI in MyDish. It went from a very usable and powerful tool to a dumbed down toy interface designed for mobile devices. What? They can't check, BTW super easy to do, if you are on a mobile versus a laptop/desktop browser and display the correct interface.

Any eCommerce site worth a stinking crap automatically will show the proper UI depending what device you are on. For them, stinky UI's mean closed screens and lost sales.

I think Dish needs a new CIO personally if they are letting junk like this go through. Who the heck needs 164 pt typeface on your laptop??? No one is that blind! If so, then they would be having problems even having a TV shouldn't they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts